RD Spotlight: Uriell Carlson, RDN
Uriell is a dietitian from Colorado. She uses EatLove within her private practice Inner Wild Nutrition through one on one counseling sessions and small group online groups.
This story is a part of the RD Spotlight series where we feature outstanding Registered Dietitians around the globe who are part of the EatLove community.
1. How do you use EatLove PRO in your work? Tell us a little bit about yourself, your practice and specialty.
I have an at-home private practice and most of the work I do is online with small group coaching programs for athletes. I am an endurance athlete myself and I find that a lot of my athlete clients are not eating enough, so to be able to build them a meal plan so they can really see how much they should be eating is a really valuable tool!
2. What is your favorite part about being a Registered Dietitian?
That I can create the work I want to specialize in. It allows me to combine my love for endurance sports with helping other athletes perform their best.
3. How do you utilize meal planning in your practice?
I do individual custom meal planning, I use 3 day sample plans for promotions and freebies and I do small group coaching meal plans for athletes, based on various calorie ranges. It’s a great way to inspire people to try new recipes as well.
4. What are your favorite features on EatLove PRO? How has it changed your job on a day-to-day basis? How has it impacted your clients?
I appreciate the waste percentages that swapped out recipes have, so that I can consider the amount of food waste and ensure I’m not making someone’s grocery list 5 pages long!
- What’s your favorite food? I could eat some kind of sushi for most meals!
- What’s your go-to quick weeknight meal? Arugula topped with a veggie burger, pickled red onions, avocado, any other veggies I have, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and lemon juice + EVOO dressing.
- Food philosophy? #realfood!
Get in touch:
Facebook: Inner Wild Nutrition
Learn more about how Uriell monetizes EatLove: