New Feature- Nameplate Badges
Badges are a new way for Echo Units to highlight achievements in-game and express yourself. Badges are tied to achieving specific levels or competing in specific Echo VR events.
To access badges on the Customization Terminals, players will first have to complete 1 public match of either Echo Arena or Echo Combat. If a player is above a level for a badge, the badge will unlock after playing 1 public match, otherwise badges unlock every 5 levels.
Additionally, Echo Combat players can now equip Rank / Level chevrons through the badge option on the customization podium.
VRML Season 1 Badge
Echo Units that compete in at least 1 match of the VRML’s Season 1 for Echo Arena will be eligible to earn the Season 1 VRML badge, which will be awarded by the Echo VR Dev Team. Limited edition VRML badges can only be unlocked by competing in the VRML.
Note: Players who competed in the VRML Pre-Season will be awarded a special VRML decal, emote, and badge later next week.
New Lobby and Arena Maps
The Lobby and Arena Mini Maps have been re-worked to provide a consistent style with our other maps.
New Refreshed Podiums
Various elements have been optimized, so you may notice some slightly different behavior in familiar features (UI, Buttons, etc).
New AI Teammate Difficulties
Two new difficulties, Intermediate and Expert, have been added to the podium. These difficulties previously existed as scaling difficulties in VS. AI, but have been added to AI Teammates for Echo Units to train in. Additionally, regrab has been removed in Medium difficulty to more closely align with player growth at that particular skill level.
Difficulty names have also been changed to the following:
- Beginner (was previously Easy)
- Intermediate (was previously Easy Medium)
- Advanced (was previously Medium)
- Expert (was previously Medium-Hard)
- Master (was previously Hard)
- Echo Combat players in Series 10 bodies will now have rank/level chevrons.
- The Body Swap and Customization Body Swap have been reworked to improve comfortability.
- Echo Combat nameplate font sizes have been adjusted.
- VRML players who have their Pre-Season rewards unlocked early will lose their Combat loadout.
- Mini Arena goals display on the Arena Half Court barrier UI in the Lobby.
Echo VR (General)
- Fixed various visual issues with the Arm Computer.
- Fixed an issue where the “Leave” option in the Arm Computer would still be available after leaving a party.
- Fixed an issue where a player would briefly join a party then leave it when accepting a party invite outside the game.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s index finger would appear shortened when making a fist.
- Fixed an issue for the Arm Computer where the “Friends List” tab functionality would sometimes appear in the “Party” tab.
- Fixed an issue where multiple sound indicators would play when accepting a party invite with 5 or more players in the party.
- Fixed an issue where the Legal Links on the main menu were missing SFX when selected.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the player would become stuck on a black screen when quitting to the main menu during server transitions.
- Fixed an issue where player social buttons on the Arm Computer would not appear grayed out while matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue where the main menu functionality would be incorrect when trying to reconnect after losing and then regaining an internet connection while the game is running.
- Fixed an issue where Stun FX would persist after a transition.
- Fixed an issue for the Arm Computer where sometimes screens would overlap when swapped between too quickly.
- (2D Spectator) — Fixed an issue where a player in Follow Cam mode would see the character model move up and down in conjunction with them physically nodding their head.
- Fixed a text issue with button descriptions for Ghost and Mute All in the pause menu.
- Fixed an issue with the Monitor setting which would sometimes reset it to “0” when relaunching the application.
- Fixed an issue with corrupted art for the Combat banner in the menus.
- Addressed an issue where players would occassionally crash when spamming “Yes” in the Quit Menu.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the “Back” button on the menu while transitioning would not stop the transition process.
Echo VR Tutorials
- Fixed an issue where the palm of the player’s hand had collision with the disc.
- Fixed an issue where the Intro Tutorial button would sometimes become highlighted for player who have completed the NPE.
- Fixed an issue where the player had to press the Pause Menu button twice in order to enter the pause menu.
- Addressed a consistency issue where accessing the in-game menu via right controller Oculus button would open the menu immediately; this now has a delay similar to functionality outside the tutorials.
- Fixed an issue where the Disc would clip into the Spawn pod for the Manual Dexterity tutorial.
- Fixed an issue where player’s would be unable to re-center themselves whenever in the “Movement Locked” state.
- Fixed an issue where points would sometimes fail to accrue during the Arena Tutorial.
- Fixed an issue where the Arena Information Posters were not visible during the Arena Tutorial.
- Fixed an issue where the Death SFX would repeat during the Intro Tutorials.
- Fixed an issue where Athena would sometimes freeze in place.
- Fixed an issue where the Arm Computer would no longer be present when the player re-centers while it is unlocked.
- Fixed an issue where the character model and various icons caused a depth conflict.
- Fixed an issue where the disc was the incorrect color when used by the demonstration bot.
Echo VR Lobby
- Fixed various small collision issues throughout the lobby.
- Fixed various visual issues in the Skirmish area.
- Fixed an issue where the ability to invite players into a party was still available while matchmaking which lead to other issues.
- Fixed an issue where the Party Leader who leaves the party while matchmaking would remain in the search queue.
- Fixed an issue where the “Estimated Time” for finding a Co-op AI match would sometimes be incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where the Arm Computer would move too close to the player when searching for a match.
- Fixed an issue where the Combat Energy Barrier Tac-mod FX did not appear with the neutral lobby pink color.
- Fixed an issue where the Combat Threat Scanner Tac-mod FX did not appear with the neutral lobby pink color.
- Fixed a collision issue where it would sometimes be possible to get stuck inside the Dyson mini map.
- Fixed an issue where the Matchmaking Queue tab would persist when leaving a party at a specific time.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the player would lose grip on the RC Fury.
- Fixed an issue where Combat Gear VFX activated inside the Combat Training Area were visible to players inside the Punch and Block Zone.
- Fixed an issue where player’s who rejoin the lobby after a disconnect would sometimes appear Neutral when entering the Skirmish area.
Echo Arena VS AI
- Fixed an issue where a bot would sometimes enter the incorrect launch tunnel when replacing another player.
- Fixed an issue where Blue FX would appear on the 3-point bubble for the Orange Team when the disc goes through it.
- Fixed an issue where the “Rules” button would become available immediately upon selecting “Restart”.
- Fixed an issue where custom set rules would continue to display when restarting a match.
- Fixed an issue where the “Restart” button would be disabled for late-joining players.
- Fixed an issue where players in a private match were able to enter the Arena before a match starts.
- Fixed an issue where the Disc color would sometimes be incorrect when a player interacts with it and a catapult ring.
- Fixed an issue where stunned players would infrequently retain mobility.
- Addressed an issue where the Arena Chassis face was visible on the helmet visor to other players.
- Fixed an issue where the Disc would become offset in the player’s hands when quickly stop their hand’s momentum.
- Fixed an issue where the ordnance trigger would sometimes appear on the incorrect hand.
- Fixed an issue where the Combat chassis hand was grabbable by other players.
- Fixed an issue where the FX related to elimination would persist upon respawning.
- Fixed an issue where the player would sometimes become stuck on a black screen when quitting during a respawn.
- Fixed an issue where consistently interacting with ordnance would sometimes result in a crash.
- Fixed an issue where the Team Switch and Spectate buttons would stop working when pressed during a fade-out transition.
All Echo Combat Maps
- Fixed an issue where the War Room Terminal screen appeared upside down relative to the Terminal model.
- Fixed various graphical issues.
- Fixed various graphical issues.
- Fixed various graphical issues.