Echo VR- Summer Splash
Patch 23.0 brings new features, bug fixes, skirmish, and a new seasonal event to Echo VR.
Celebrate Summer fun in Echo VR! Our first summer seasonal event, Summer Splash, will be taking place from July 18th at 2:30PM PST/ 21:30 UTC through August 2nd at 12:00 AM PST/ 7:00 UTC! Explore hidden treasures or relax on the beach in the summer Lobby filled with fun props and sea creatures.
Unlock new summer attire by completing either one match of Echo Arena or Echo Combat during the Summer Splash Event (between 2:30PM PST/ 21:30 UTC on July 18th to 12:00 AM PST/ 7:00 UTC on August 2nd). Share pictures of your underwater adventures by tagging us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
New Features- Events
Compete in events to earn special rewards! Summer events are 4v4 Echo Arena public matches without parties. Look for the event posters (in the Main Lobby area) the morning of the event for additional information.
Note: Echo Units not participating in the event can still party up with friends in private Arena matches.
On July 25th from 10:00AM — 10:00PM PST / 17:00–5:00 UTC complete 1 Event Match to earn a special Summer decal (check the poster on the event day for more info!).
On August 1st from 10:00AM — 10:00PM PST / 17:00–5:00 UTC complete 1 Event Match to earn a special Summer decal (check the poster on the event day for more info!).
Hone your skills in Echo Combat! The Skirmish Zone of the Lobby, located within the Echo Combat Training Area, is now open for Echo Units looking to kill some time, practice skills outside of a match, or teach their friends tips and tricks.
Balance Changes — Echo Arena
- Players will no longer be able grab the opposing team’s holo cubes near their goal.
- The opposing team’s holo cubes will disappear as the player gets close to them.
Balance Changes — Echo Combat
- Players can no longer grab the arms of other players (same as Echo Arena).
- Significant rendering and performance improvements have been made to the Arena, especially in the catapult tubes.
- On rare occasions players will hear a loud, rumbling noise around some of the walls while in the Skirmish area.
- Other players’ VOIP may become unclear/crackle.
- Players might be unable to use their weapons if they activate Phase Shift before loading into a Combat match.
- On rare occasions a private match will not end if the server briefly disconnects.
- If a player appears phase shifted when entering a match, DO NOT activate a Tac-Mod and wait for it to wear off. If you do activate a Tac-Mod, your weapon will be disabled until you equip Phase Shift and activate it again.
Echo VR (General)
- Private Match: Fixed an issue where the “Team Switch” button would sometimes become non-functional
- Fixed an issue where players were able to gain unintended extra momentum by launching themselves off other players
- Fixed an issue where the Arm Computer would sometimes show the incorrect game mode icon when loading into a match
- Fixed some rare instances where medals at the end of a round would appear for the wrong team alignments
- Fixed multiple issues with body swapping and respawns that often led to missing, persisting or invisible character elements and FX
- Fixed an issue where certain character customizations would appear incorrectly on the player
- Fixed an issue where opening the pause menu while transitioning out of the tutorials would cause multiple visual issues when re-entering the tutorials
- Fixed an issue where the boost trail FX behind the player would not match their trajectory
- Fixed multiple visual issues with player character models
- Fixed an issue where entering the Oculus Dash menu while using thrusters would cause the FX to persist
- Fixed multiple text and alignment issues with the main menu
- Fixed an issue where the Party Leader icon in the Arm Computer would sometimes appear for multiple players in the same party
- Fixed an issue where Party Presence information would not display correctly if a player joined via the Oculus System Software
- Fixed an issue where launcher FX would repeat with multiple players holding the launcher and launching at the same time
- Fixed an issue where the player’s hands would not conform with the surface when grabbing onto screens and posters located throughout the lobby
- Fixed an issue where the fade out/in FX were missing for spectators when respawning during round transitions
- Fixed an issue where a player’s weapon would be left behind when quitting out of the server
- Fixed an issue where the Party Invite overlay screen on the Arm Computer would become stuck when left open while transitioning into the lobby
- Fixed an issue where the Party Invite overlay screen on the Arm Computer would become stuck when accepting a party invite from the Oculus System Software
- Fixed an issue where players with their VOIP set to Push-to-talk could activate their microphone when navigating the pause menu
- Fixed an issue where a player would sometimes be thrown the wrong direction when pushing away from an object
- Fixed an issue where the VO does not play when toggling Self-mute and/or Mute Lobby from the Arm Computer
Echo VR Lobby
- Fixed a lighting issue in the Combat Training Area
- Fixed an issue where a player’s weapon would be invisible to other players after swapping their body
- Fixed an issue where a player’s nameplate would sometimes appear red for Combat players when returning from a match
- Fixed an issue where the first player into a new lobby server would not be able to punch or block in the Brawler’s Room
- Fixed an issue where players in a Combat body could not see the block FX for players in an Arena body
- Fixed an issue where the Combat Training area dummies would slow down and speed up inconsistently
- Fixed some rare issues where Combat gear would sometimes become available outside the Combat Training area
- Fixed an issue where a player’s holo-map marker would appear at the center of the map briefly while loading into the server
- Fixed an issue where lobby props could become stuck inside each other
- Fixed an issue where attaching props to level geometry would sometimes prevent other players from interacting with them
- Fixed an issue where the second floor Mini Combat area was missing an interactive button on the holo-map
- Fixed multiple minor functionality issues with the Customization room podiums
- Removed a piece of extraneous level geometry from one of the launch tunnels
- Fixed multiple UI issues related to the player’s HUD
- Fixed multiple graphical and functionality issues with the Barrier UI display
- Fixed an issue where the end-of-round buzzer sound effects would not play
- Fixed an issue where the buzzer at the end of the 15-second launch tunnel countdown would not play
- Fixed an issue where the disc would sometimes get stuck in its neutral animation
- Private Match: Fixed an issue where the ‘Rules’ menu would disappear permanently when accessed just before starting a match
Echo Arena 2D Spectator Mode
- Fixed a scoreboard text issue for usernames with a large character count
- Fixed some Auto-cam functionality
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Team Stats’ hotkey was missing from the hotkey legend
- Made some slight adjustments to the placement of camera #6
- Fixed a rare issue where pausing at a specific time when a match is ending would temporarily place the player in a star field
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Restart’ button would be available during the pre-match Scrimmage mode
- Fixed an issue where weapon FX would persist when switching weapons while overheated
- Fixed an issue where gear FX would inconsistently not appear for other players
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Elimination’ stat would display incorrect information
- Fixed an issue where activating the Instant Repair ordnance and the Phase Shift Tac-mod at the same time would result in the Phase Shift FX ending prematurely
- Fixed an issue where the detonation SFX for the Instant Repair and Detonator ordnance could be played continuously
- Fixed multiple graphical and functionality issues with the Gear podiums
- Fixed an issue where the War Room target dummies would not show up with the Threat Scanner
- Fixed an issue where the player’s hand orientation was incorrect when grabbing any destructible barrier
- Fixed an issue where the VO for selecting the Phase Shift Tac-mod would be cut-off
- Fixed an issue where the trigger for remote-detonated ordnance would sometimes get stuck in the player’s hand
- Fixed a rare issue where unholstered ordnance would sometimes become inactive
- Fixed an issue where the contesting SFX would play multiple times in rapid succession when a defending player would grab the payload multiple times
- Fixed an issue where a private match could be restarted by a single player after consecutive rounds have been completed
- Fixed some Payload animation issues
- Added some minor graphical polish to the mini map
- Fixed an issue where the level geometry would temporarily be missing for the Blue team after a round transition
- Fixed some minor collision issues throughout the map
- Fixed some minor graphical issues throughout the map
- Fixed an issue where the Spawn Orbs would obscure the Capture Point UI in the middle of the War Room from certain angles
- Fixed some minor graphical issues throughout the map
- Fixed an issue where weapons were briefly re-enabled in the celebration room after selecting the Rematch button
- Fixed an issue where grabbing the Spawn Orb immediately before swapping teams would result in players spawning in the incorrect spawn room
- Fixed an issue where late-joining players would sometimes appear to have no gear equipped