Fact Sheet: Everything You Need to Know About the Secure Wallet
The world of crypto-assets has climbed out from the dark corners of the Internet and into mainstream investment portfolios. Rarely a day goes past where the topic isn’t discussed in the news or at the local pub, and whilst every second person claims to be an expert, there has already been more than $2b USD lost since the start of 2018. With the increasing value of these assets and the personal liability of holding them, safe and secure storage solutions have never been more essential.
Introducing the ECOMI Secure Wallet, the first in a line of product releases by ECOMI and most secure means of storing crypto-currencies and assets available.
What is the ECOMI Secure Wallet?
In development since 2010, the Secure Wallet is a physical cold-storage hardware device. Designed to be completely impenetrable to malicious attacks, the wallet and its infrastructure ensure that it is never connected to the Internet, nor connected directly to an online device, maintaining the most secure asset protection while providing a user-friendly interface.
The Secure Wallet is literally the size and thickness of a credit card. Designed to be ultra-portable, the storage device fits easily in whichever wallet/case you currently use to store your credit cards. By using printed circuitry and an e-paper display screen the Secure Wallet is almost weightless, coming in at a meager 20 grams, is waterproof, and comes with 15 degrees of flex.
Moreover, the wallet features a single button for confirmation of transactions and one-time-password generation, allowing the overall design to remain sleeker whilst providing an added level of security.
Interaction and Connectivity
Operation of the ECOMI Secure wallet is done via an encrypted Bluetooth connection on a paired Apple or Android device. By removing the need for a wired connection to a computer/phone the device ensures it can never be compromised, whilst still allowing for the highest degree of portability.
Interaction with the device is done via the companion app. This comfortable and recognisable use of app technology has created the most user-friendly cold storage device available. By using the companion app, owners of the Secure Wallet are given control over the seamless transfer of crypto-assets in and out of the device, safe and secure storage, as well as the ability to create up to 5 individual wallets per asset.
It is also important to note that there are no fees for the use of the Secure Wallet (other than the associated blockchain confirmation fees).
Hardware and Security Features
Whilst a lot of the physical/security hardware features won’t mean much unless you’re a tech-whiz, it’s still important to understand the basics. So let’s take a peek under the hood:
- The secure element, otherwise known as the ‘Smart MXTM high-security micro-controller IC’ is a state-of-the-art 32-bit security crypto-controller. It is designed specifically for high-performance security chip card management and applications, allowing for contactless interactions and multi-factor authentication requirements.
This maintains the security of private keys, whilst meeting international security specifications, and is CC EAL5+ certified- the highest security standard for government level deployments.
- The E-paper display screen is exactly what it sounds like. An electronic display screen that is paper-thin.
- The Bluetooth connector adds an additional element of security to the ECOMI Secure Wallet by providing an encrypted connection and ensuring interaction with the wallet can only be done on a paired phone/computer utilizing the companion app.
4. The confirmation button (red) is used to generate one-time-passwords (OTP). The Secure Wallet is the only cold storage device to feature a physical OTP, and this additional security feature means that every transaction leaving the wallet has to be physically confirmed by you, the owner.
5. The printed circuit board allows for the sleek design and portability of the Secure Wallet, whilst remaining environmentally friendly. Over 90% of the components of the device are recyclable and meet international standards of environmental sustainability.
6. The Secure Wallet features a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, providing up to 4 weeks of battery life per charge. A quick charge feature allows a one-hour charge to provide 85% battery life, with a complete charge taking a measly 4 hours.
7. Charging connectors allow for the quick charge features of the ECOMI Secure Wallet, whilst it is sitting comfortably in the charging cradle.
Additional Security Features
Whilst the physical hardware provides immutable protection against online attacks, the Secure Wallet also has a number of additional security features, designed with the user in mind.
- Loss and restoration protection. During the initial setup of your device, a ‘seed phrase’ is generated. This is a restoration code, and by storing a physical copy of it (in a very safe location) you can restore your account and wallets in the event you lose the Secure Wallet, your phone, or both. For more information please see “Get to Know the Secure Wallet: Loss, Backup and Restoration.”
The ECOMI Secure Wallet can now store:
- Bitcoin Cash
- More than 600 ERC20 tokens
It will also have support for a number of non-fungible tokens in the coming months, as well as the OMI token- ECOMI’s native token before too long.
Moreover the Secure Wallet also supports all future Bitcoin forks, allowing any person holding coins on the device to take advantage of new developments through the companion app, and our dev team is constantly adding new features to improve security and user experience.
Return on Investment
Purchasing the Secure Wallet is the smartest and safest move a crypto-investor can make. Aside from being the most secure and portable cold storage device on the market, the companion app and one-time-password button have been designed for both serious investors and hobbyists alike.
The Secure Wallet is also designed to hold private keys for both fungible and non-fungible tokens. Thanks to the interaction between the Secure Wallet and ECOMI Collect, you can securely store your digital collectibles offline on the Secure Wallet.
By taking the user interface and interaction into account, the Secure Wallet is the most user-friendly device available and is exceptionally easy to set up and begin using straight away. When purchasing the ECOMI Secure Wallet for the one-time price of $99 USD you also receive:
- The charger cradle
- Lightning USB cable
- Operation guide and restoration manual
- Lifetime support and software updates, including on-going support for forks and additional currencies.
When considering the value of crypto-assets today, and their potential future value, the comfort, and security of knowing your investments are safe from malicious attacks and other potential dangers is irreplaceable. You’ve already made the decision to invest in crypto, so reward your ingenuity and ensure the security of your assets, and your future, with the most secure cold storage wallet available.
The Secure Wallet is available for purchase NOW at our online store! Be one of the first to get your hands on this amazing device by heading to https://securewallet.shop/
ECOMI is a technology company based in Singapore and is leading the way in the emerging digital collectibles space. ECOMI offers a one-stop-shop for digital collectibles through the ECOMI Collect app bringing pop culture and entertainment into the 21st century.
The Collect app allows users to experience true ownership of premium digital collectibles. Through the app marketplace, users can obtain common, rare, or one-of-a-kind digital collectibles, share these across the social network service, and exchange them with the Collect community, all from the palm of their hand.
ECOMI sees digital collectibles as a new asset class which offers intellectual property owners the opportunity for new revenue streams in the digital landscape. Digital streaming, gaming, and in-app purchasing have become a multibillion-dollar market and the next to join this digital trend is the pop culture and collectibles industry.