Keeping in line with our fortnightly updates, this week we wanted to give you some more information about the upcoming beta testing and how you can get involved! With three phases of testing before the global launch, the opportunity to be one of the first collectors on the platform is not only incredibly sought after, it will also assist us in ensuring the app stands up to our rigorous standards and can maintain an ever-increasing userbase.
Three Phase Testing
As you may be aware, we mentioned the original plans to test the app in one of our earlier updates. To refresh your memory, however, the rollout of Collect will take place in 3 stages:
- Closed internal beta: this has been ongoing throughout the development of the app, with the core team. It will continue until the app has reached a point where all integrations have been completed, and additional users are required.
- Private Beta: this will include somewhere between 20–50 people. This stage will require daily activities to be performed within the app to fully test its capabilities and identify any bugs and updates required.
- Public beta: approximately 2500–3000 people, including community members, influencers and industry professionals (ranging from crypto and blockchain to collectibles, new tech, media and more).
It’s the Public Beta for Me
The public beta is where most of you will have the opportunity to join us in testing and evaluating our world-class digital collectibles platform. It is estimated that this will run for 3 months, and there are a few things that are important to note:
- This phase of testing will not just open up to 3000 people. Although the app will be available to download on app stores, you will need a specific invite code to be able to enter and utilise it.
- Invite codes will be made available in batches, and although I cannot be more specific at this stage, it is likely to increase incrementally. For example, the first batch of invites may go to 50 people, the next to 100, and so on. This is an important step to ensure the app can handle the increasing user base.
- The earliest beta testers will also have the opportunity to work closely with the team in a more intimate manner, so we can receive your genuine feedback and experiences. In this way, we can optimise the user interface and interactions, and ensure the app can handle the high throughput and transactions of an international audience. After all, we’re building this for the community, and have to ensure that it is a usable and enjoyable experience for all!
This also offers an opportunity to collect some of the first (and arguably the rarest) digital collectibles to ever be available on the platform.
How Do I Become an ECOMI Beta Collector?
First things first, you’ll need an invite code. These will be issued to all of our earliest supporters, including anyone who participated in the original crowdsale, any private sale investors, and other members of our community.
Second, codes will also be issued to our key community members, partners, and other industry professionals. This is our way of saying thank you for your on-going support of our company, and for helping to increase the excitement and awareness surrounding the platform.
Third, we will be opening a registration page where you can throw your name in the ring, so if you are new to the project, don’t panic! There is still an opportunity for you to be one of the earliest collectors. Although it hasn’t launched yet, in future updates we will let you know how to register, and you will receive an email confirmation with an invite code if/when your batch is ready to be included.
Just Tell Me What I Can Collect Already!
Now that you know how to become one of our beta testers, we’d better give you some insight into exactly what you’ll be able to collect! So, first and foremost, the collectibles available during the beta testing period will be very limited releases. Not only are they the first digital collectibles to be minted and released on the ECOMI platform, but they are also the first collectibles to be released by any brand.
To add to the rarity, these will also be stamped with a unique ‘trial edition’ identifier- which will never be available again. If you know anything about the collectibles industry, it is these soapbox editions that often become the most sought after items. They are prolific in the world of tangible collectibles, and we have seen it already in the digital collectibles industry.
It is expected that the innate desire to own some of the earliest collectibles will translate onto our digital platform, particularly when you consider the world-class brands that will be available.
Moreover, thanks to our blockchain integration and the immutable verification that it allows, these ‘trial release’ collectibles will always be able to be identified, verified as original and genuine, and have their sale and ownership traced across the world.
The same series, editions, and collectibles will still be launched and available once the app is publicly launched, however they will not be stamped with this special/trial edition identifier.
For now, you still have time to become an active community member by joining us in our telegram chat, or helping to expand our reach on socials! As always the support and enthusiasm are not only appreciated, it does not go by unnoticed :)
Otherwise, subscribe to our blog to make sure you receive our fortnightly updates and don’t miss your opportunity to register for the public beta!
ECOMI is a technology company based in Singapore and is leading the way in the emerging digital collectibles space. ECOMI offers a one-stop-shop for digital collectibles through the ECOMI Collect app bringing pop culture and entertainment into the 21st century.
The Collect app allows users to experience true ownership of premium digital collectibles. Through the app marketplace, users can obtain common, rare, or one-of-a-kind digital collectibles, share these across the social network service, and exchange them with the Collect community, all from the palm of their hand.
ECOMI sees digital collectibles as a new asset class which offers intellectual property owners the opportunity for new revenue streams in the digital landscape. Digital streaming, gaming, and in-app purchasing have become a multibillion-dollar market and the next to join this digital trend is the pop culture and collectibles industry.