The importance of good product images
Product Images Power Your Business
It would be hard to call product images a “secret” to ecommerce success, as most retailers these days know how important they are.
It is not possible for the shopper to feel the product in an eStore, it is the product image they visualize before making the purchase. In this age of visual culture, an image is an essential component that drives your customer’s notion.
1. A single snapshot of a product can provide more relevant information about the product’s quality than paragraphs of text. Why break your back describing a products dimensions, colors, shape, and designs when a single photo can do the job for you? Plus, images provide a natural sense of scale and help customers get familiar with your item before they buy.
2. An e-commerce store have a number of products listed, the items varies from category, style, color, material, design etc. Online buyers always do not have a mindset to buy a particular thing. It is the image which appeals their eyes where they click for better outlook. A buyer closely check the product images by zooming them, these images gives them an idea how it would suit their utility. Always make sure the customer goes through at least four five angular pictures hence if you do not upload quality images, you tend to lose your customer.
3. Images are shareable: In our social-media crazy world, sharability has become a type of currency. Many socially-savvy shoppers talk about their purchases and share their experiences on social media — and if they happen to share your images, your brand gets more exposure. Reports by Gartner indicate that 74 percent of the population rely on social networks for information about purchasing decisions, information that includes what their friends share, repost, and pin.
Nobody will share a text-based product description, but sites like Instagram are prime for hosting photos of your merchandise. It’s free advertising, really.
Few points to keep in mind before upload a product image:
- The product pictures should be appealing.
- Plain white backgrounds are always better to view the image.
- Use a mannequin or model to display for products like clothes, accessories etc.
- The product should have different angular images for better interpretation and not just one.
- The image should also have zoom in features for clear and neat spectacle.
- The quality for the camera.
- Edit if required.
- Size of the picture, bigger is better.
- Image should not be blurred.
Product image is the main tool for convincing your customers, as you do not have the option of a sales person. Many times it is noticed that few product listed in the eStore does not bear any photographs instead a nice professional write up describes the product, in this scenario what will your customer buy if they have no idea about what you are offering? You can never turn your website visitors into your customers. In this fashion the product will be displayed on your e-commerce store and not in the shopping cart of the consumer.