It’s really an exciting time because our platform launch is not that far a way. Actually, it’s happening this month! Just before jumping to updates, let’s quickly review the main events which led to this point:
2016.09 (The time before ICOs and Ethereum was mainstream): A team of blockchain geeks started developing the first gambling related smart-contracts ever existing in the whole Ethereum community.
2016.11: An announcement on reddit was made. First Ethereum-based slot machine on smart-contracts. And it worked like magic!
2016.12: The team started developing more games, such as Black Jack and Dice.
2017.01: The idea of Edgeless was born, and official ICO plans were released to the public.
2017.02: Edgeless beta smart-contracts for a Black Jack were released. And it worked again!
2017.03: ICO successfully finished funding a further development of the First Ethereum Casino.
2017.09: 0.1 Edgeless launch.
New to Edgeless?
In the last couple of days, we have had a massive growth of new people interested in the Edgeless project. If you are a new person who just found out about Edgeless, feel free to catch up by reading our public material. We have already released a massive amount of content:
- Blog (Here you can find pretty much everything that is related to Edgeless)
- Slack community (You can meet the dev. team online and ask questions directly)
More channel links are posted below this update post.
And now, let’s get back to the main news!
0.1 Edgeless Platform Functionality which is about to be Launched
Since a crypto is still in an early stage, and technology behind it remains complex for most of the users, we need to use an account registration. In this way, we can prevent lost private keys, accidental token transfers to random wallets, and more. Allowing users to restore their password via email and 2 factor authentications will solve most of the issues mentioned above.
Another cool feature which we have built into our account registration is that our system will not be storing any private keys, allowing users to have maximum security over their funds and deposit/withdraw features.
0% House Edge Black Jack Rules:
- House peaks for a Black Jack (like an American Black Jack)
- 4 decks (all decks are reshuffled after every hand)
- Dealer stands on soft 17
- Player can double on any first 2 cards
- Player can split to 4 hands
- Player can split aces
- Player can hit split aces
- Player can surrender and get back half of his bet
- Black Jack pays 3:2
- Min. bet limit: 0.02 EDG
- Max. bet limit: 0.2 EDG
- Displaying bets of a player
- Displaying high roller bets
- Displaying last bets
Other games, and more features of the platform, are scheduled for upcoming versions.
Security and Smart-Contracts During the Launch
Most community members are already aware how fragile Smart Contract systems can be, and there are already a decent amount of successful hack attempts:
- 50 Million Worth of Ethereum during DAO hack.
- $8.4 Million Worth of Ethereum during Veritaseum’s ICO.
- $32 Million Worth of Ethereum from Parity’s Ethereum Wallet accounts.
- $7 Million Worth of Ether during the hack of Israeli startup CoinDash’s ICO.
- $1 Million Worth of Ether and Bitcoins heist in cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb.
That’s a big deal, because deployed smart-contacts become publicly available, and a simple mistake in logic can be exploited by hackers. Secondly, natural human-error becomes unavoidable.
This is a really important topic for our casino because we are about to deal with a large amount of wealth transfers through Edgeless casino smart-contracts. A tiny mistake in our smart-contract system can be disastrous to everything that we have built so far; therefore, careful monitoring, bet limits and an active feedback-loop is a MUST to secure the smart-contract development.
On the launch day, we will deploy our new smart-contracts for the first time. In order to protect our users from potential hacker exploits, we will limit our launch to 800 pioneering players of 0.1 Edgeless and then feedback will be collected for a further platform development. With upcoming versions of Edgeless and the confidence raised in our smart contracts, the limit of players will be increased.
In parallel, the 0.1 Edgeless Ropsten version will be available too.
How to Become a Edgeless Pioneer/ Early Platform Tester?
- Register on our Google form: https://goo.gl/forms/KQlElWO8IOr3z45E2
- If your profile is approved, you will receive an email confirmation with a further instructions.
- After receiving an email confirmation, during the launch day go to https://casino.edgeless.io and register an account.
- Enjoy the game and let us know your feedback :). We will send a form afterwards.
- If you did not make it to the list, wait for our upcoming updates and try a Ropsten version of Edgeless.
- Please understand that a smart-contract system transferring a massive amount of wealth is a serious matter.
Official Launch Day of 0.1 Edgeless
The official launch day of 0.1 Edgeless is 2017 September 28th, Thursday, 17:00 +3 GMT.
A handy website to match time zones is: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
We are still working on a casino license from Curacao jurisdiction. We have full confidence that it’s going on the positive side; however, it’s taking longer than usual because our project is quite unusual for regulators.
Next status update on a license will be in October.
Subscribe Newsletters: https://edgeless.io/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/EdgelessCasino/