Infographic: Key Facts about Uber
Everything you always wanted to know about Silicon Valley’s most controversial success story, but were afraid to ask…
The handy infographic below lays it all out. For example, did you know that Uber received $22.2B in 19 rounds from 90 investors, and that if you’d had the foresight to invest a mere $20k in the company’s angel round, that investment would have been worth $40M in 2014? Currently the company has over 7 Milllion drivers and over 50 Million riders.
Places where Uber is currently banned
- Austin, Texas
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Northern Australia
Top 5 Cities Using Uber
- Washington D.C.
- San Francisco
- 14% of Uber drivers are female.
- 71% of Uber drivers have family at home.
- 51% of Uber drivers only work 15 hours or less per week.
- 74% of driver-partners have a full-time or part-time job outside of Uber.
- Uber would have to pay $4.1B if drivers were employees.
- 5B trips have been taken.
- 289K rides per day in New York
- 4B rides in 2017
- Uber denied fault in S.F. crash that killed a girl in 2014
- Uber driver was accused of sexual assault in China in 2015
- Uber driver was accused of raping a customer in NJ in 2015
- Carolina Uber driver was accused of kidnapping and raping a female passenger in 2015
- Uber driver was accused of rape in New Delhi and convicted by Indian Court in 2015
- Chicago Uber driver was charged with criminal sexual abuse of a passenger in 2014
- Uber driver was accused of ignoring warning signs and attacking a passenger in the USA in 2017
- Uber driver ‘sexually assaulted a woman’ and told her to ‘stay in the car’ in South London in 2017
- Uber was accused of espionage, hacking and bribery in bombshell letter in 2017
- Uber Legal Hurdles amount to at least 173 U.S. Lawsuits in 2015.
- Uber expects to launch its first test run for a flying car in 2020 in Dallas and Los Angeles.
- Uber operates in 76 countries and 450 cities worldwide.
- Uber has vowed to get at least 1M female drivers on the app globally by 2020.
- If you combine all Uber trips in the past 5 years, the total distance is just over a round trip to Saturn.
- Travis Kalanick and Mark Zuckerberg have actually been friends for a while. Kalanich took Mark Zuckerberg out to a NYC club after his first meeting with Sean Parker, as documented in “The Social Network”.
Originally published at Tech Trends.