Perlego, GoSkills.com, PeopleCert, OpenClassrooms, Busuu and Seneca receive recognition in the 8th annual EdTechX Global All Star Awards
The eighth annual EdTechX Awards are set to honour the fastest growing and most innovative EdTech companies across the world. Determined by a global panel of judges, various factors were considered including revenue growth, scale, innovation and market impact. The three categories of the EdTechX Global Awards were Startup, Scale Up and Impact. Two winners and three runner ups were announced in each category.
The winners of the Startup Category are GoSkills and Perlego, and the recipients of the Scale Up award are PeopleCert and OpenClassrooms. The winners of the Impact category are Busuu and Seneca.
EdTechX Global All Star Startup Awards
This award category featured education companies who have shown the most significant innovation and growth over the last year. The winners are:
- Perlego who offers unlimited access to over 340,000 education eBooks and are on a mission to build the world’s online learning library.
“We are delighted to have won this year’s EdTechXGlobal Startup Award. As a team, we’re proud to offer a solution to help bridge the knowledge and content gap across the globe, especially pertinent in these strange circumstances we find ourselves in.” — Gauthier van Malderen, CEO, Perlego
- GoSkills.com focuses on teaching business skills to people around the world via gamified, easy-to-digest bite-sized courses.
“We’re thrilled to win this prestigious EdTechX award! Thanks to the EdTechX team for the recognition and support for our growth and innovation in the education space. We are proud to be part of a global movement making high-quality education and learning tools accessible to everyone. Our dedicated team are excited to help more individuals, businesses, and schools upskill and reskill with our bite-sized business courses. We have an unwavering commitment to continue our mission of transforming the lives of learners worldwide through essential skills training.” — Bhavneet Chahal, Co-Founder, GoSkills.com
The three runner up companies were:
- MobieTrain who have created a mobile-first platform that empowers employees with daily, bite-sized content that boosts knowledge retention and productivity.
- Vision Education a motivational mobile language learning application that combines advanced vocabulary training with social learning and gamification.
- Tiney.co who focus on making high quality child care accessible to more families as well as empowering a generation of micro-entrepreneurs delivering amazing care from their homes.
EdTechX Global All Star Scale Up Awards
To be eligible for consideration in the EdTechXGlobal Scale-Up category, applicants must have revenue above €5m. Applicants included education and training companies who have shown the most revenue growth momentum over the last 3 years. Winners of this category were:
- PeopleCert is a global leader in the assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organizations and government bodies to develop and deliver market-leading exams.
“We are very proud to win the EdTechXGlobal Scale-Up Award for 2020. As the Award honours global players in the field of education and training who have shown the most revenue growth momentum over the last 3 years, we want to devote our distinction to our people, the One Dream, One Team, who are responsible for our Group’s continuous and over the years’ success. Especially now, that all humanity goes through the Covid-19 crisis, all of us in the edutech ecosystem must keep up the effort to upskill people’s right to make their dreams come true.” — Byron Nicolaides, Founder & CEO, People Cert
- OpenClassrooms who bring over 3 million learners to their platform via their 400+ courses and 50 certified online degree programs known as learning paths
“ We are thrilled to be selected by EdTechx Award 2020 in the Scale-Up category, which identifies the most innovative, fastest-growing, and impactful global companies transforming the future of learning and work. The future of education is emerging before for eyes and OpenClassrooms as a mission-driven company is at the forefront to make education and upward mobility accessible to all.” — Pierre Dubuc, Founder & CEO, OpenClassrooms
The three runner up companies were:
- Kognity provides intelligent textbooks to schools in over 100 countries on 5 continents, allowing students to learn things faster and more effectively, and teachers to help students reach their goals.
- Growth Tribe who offer training & coaching in Data Science, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Growth & Marketing, Innovation, UX Design & Product Management.
- Emagister helps students from 12 of the world’s countries find the training that best suits their personal and professional goals
EdTechX Global All Star Impact Awards:
These awards recognised the education companies whose main focus is on demonstrable economic and/or societal impact or on prioritising ‘purpose over profit’. Elements that were considered included improvement in life outcomes, positive economic and/or societal impact, growth, scale and innovation. The winners for this group were:
- Busuu combines language learning courses, designed by experts, with AI-powered features and a community where learners can interact with native speakers.
“We’re thrilled that Busuu has won the Impact category of the EdTechX Awards. We’ve had such an interesting year so far — from making our first-ever company acquisition to reporting record-breaking growth in recent months during the pandemic. At a time when the world feels incredibly isolated, we’re energised to continue breaking down language barriers and bringing people together.” — Bernhard Niesner, CEO and Co-Founder, Busuu
- Seneca provides a homework & revision platform for 4,000,000+ students that apply cognitive neuroscience to make learning more efficient and enjoyable.
“The Seneca team is delighted to receive this EdTechX Impact Award as recognition of all their hard work! We have loved seeing the impact that Seneca has had on the learning of our 4 million students over the last few months and are looking forward to providing free education to more children & schools in more countries over the coming months.” — Stephen Wilks, CEO, Seneca
The three runner up companies were:
- CareerFoundry who offer mentored online courses in UX Design, UI Design, and Web Development — teaching the most in-demand tech skills of today and tomorrow.
- ODILO is a solution for developing unlimited learning and collaborative learning experiences adapted to every organization and user need, driven to create equity in education by making the highest quality digital content seamlessly accessible and affordable to all.
- Squirrel AI who specializes in intelligent adaptive education in China
Applications for the EdTechX Global 2021 Awards will open in January 2021. To stay up to date with the news at EdTechX you can follow us on Twitter and Linkedin @EdTechX.