Embarking on an Experiment (making software)
I’m going to try something that is preached a lot by Justin Jackson —to share as you build.
In this post, I won’t be going over what my idea is, but the process I’d like to follow as I build out my idea. If you want to follow along, sign up for the newsletter below.
For the initial phase, I’ll be following Evan Kimbrell’s Udemy course — 1 Day MVP.
For sharing and accountability, I’ve chosen Medium as my… err… medium.
Here are the things I’m going to create in a dynamic document, organized by what category they fall into [link to Google Docs] — feel free to leave a comment or two.
The first few things on that list are:
- an email list+landing page [2/15/17] — done
- a podcast, which serve as an audio word for word read of my posts
Things that I will not be doing:
- working on other projects
- listening to anything that will give me ideas to start another project
- Trying new social media marketing tactics
How I’m going to work:
- build high level plan
- break tasks down into chunks
- execute, experiment
- re-evaluate/modify the plan
Productivity tips I’ll be applying:
- Deep Work — 1.5 hour chunks throughout the day with periods of rest (disengagement) in between
- Eat that Frog — Most difficult tasks first (I struggle with this a lot)
Now if you have 2 minutes, leave a comment below with what goes on in your mind when you ask yourself “What to do next?” esp. when there is a long list of stuff to do.
If you only have 2 seconds, please ❤ the article!
Thanks for reading!