THE YARDSTICK FOR SUCCESS
By Shaktida at Ekko
“You stop being average the day you decide to become a Champion, because an average person won’t make that decision”
We live in a world that is full of people who are more concerned about your life than they are about their own. This is not because they care about you but because every time they see you fail, it is a victory for them and a chance for them to tell you that this is what you are worth. The only way to live your life and live it well is to turn your deaf year and your blind eye towards them and live your life the way you want because the only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else. This is how we remember Sócrates Brasileiro Sampaio de Souza Vieira de Oliveira, one of the greatest and most accomplished Brazilian footballer to grace the football grounds.
- Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.
- No matter where you come from and no matter where you go, education is primary. It is opens the mind as much as it opens the heart and gives you a perspective towards what you want from life.
- Sócrates Brasileiro Sampaio de Souza Vieira de Oliveira, popularly known as Sócrates was born on February 19, 1954 in Belém do Pará. He was a Doctorate in medicine and also had deep interest in the field of politics. His education earned him the titke of “Doctor Sócrates”.
- 2. Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for doing it.
- Every single human being alive on earth has a unique quality that makes him what he is. You should never forget that there is only one “You” and it is your idiosyncratic qualities that make you special.
- He began playing football professionally in 1974 for Botafogo-SP in his native Ribeirão Preto, but spent the majority of his career (1978 to 1984) with Corinthians, scoring 41 goals in 59 Série A games, and 172 goals in 297 matches in total. In 2004, more than a decade after retiring, 50-year-old Sócrates agreed to a one month player-coaching deal with Garforth Town of the Northern Counties East Football League in England.
- The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
- All that people remember in the end is what set you apart from the rest of the crowd. Work on yourself and give the world a reason to admire.
- Easily recognizable for his beard and headband, Sócrates became the «symbol of cool for a whole generation of football supporters». Sócrates played for Brazilfor seven years, scoring 22 goals and representing the nation in two World Cups. He captained the team in the 1982 FIFA World Cup; playing in midfield alongside Zico,Falcão and Éder, considered one of the greatest Brazilian national teams ever.
- Legacy is what is left behind through the actions of a lifetime
- Known as the smoking supremo, Sócrates was one of the greatest footballers the world has ever seen mid-fielding on the football ground. In 1983, he was named South American Footballer of the Year. In 2004 he was named by Pelé in theFIFA 100 list of the world’s greatest living players. His passion for football and his desire to be the best in that is what makes us remember him even today.
Live life. Ekko forever. Welcome to Ekko
Thanks so much for reading! If you enjoyed it, we would be grateful if you hit the recommend button or shared it with someone somewhere else.