1. What is the date for the up-coming Whitelist Registration? Within three days of January 1–15, 2018.
2. Is this crowd sale the first one for Elastos? No, Elastos completed private sales last August in China, raised 4000 BTC, and released 6 million ELA tokens.
3. Can US citizens buy Elastos tokens? How can I do that? Elastos Foundation adheres to highest standards in many regulating nations across the world.We have gone through due diligence analysis from leading law firms in California, US and will be opening our token sale to US residents through a whitelist process.
4. When will be KYC (know your customer) / whitelist for crowd sale? We will implement a KYC (background check) for whitelist users, while all crowdsale procedures will be done before February 1, 2018.
5. Is NEO token acceptable for Elastos crowd sale? Yes, we accept both Bitcoin & NEO.
6. What benefits can participants achieve from Elastos? Users can use ELA tokens to register an ID in Elastos and use this ID to purchase items such as DApps, cloud storage, and many other resources, including other digital products and so on. In addition, you can also participate in token sale projects and products with ELA tokens within Elastos.
7. Who are Elastos’s competitors at the moment? And what makes Elastos different from others? EOS is called a blockchain operation system, but its development period and open source codes are much shorter than Elastos’ 17 years. Also, EOS is dependent on its main-chain, so no matter how optimized it becomes, its throughput is limited. Elastos can extend the throughput infinitely with flexible main-chain and side-chain solution. Meanwhile, Elastos Runtime can deliver the trust function of the blockchain to a user’s application (like a cell phone, laptop, etc), which applies the blockchain to various scenarios in daily life.
8. Is 1 BTC equivalent to 800 ELA tokens? This is the most expensive token sale price I have ever heard. The token price is decided by market. In China, the community is very excited about our platform and we feel this is a responsible valuation based on current market demand for our upcoming token sale.
9. What is the minimum amount of the purchase? Will you raise the fund using US currency or cryptocurrency? The minimum amount is 0.1 BTC or the equivalent NEO at market price. We don’t accept any fiat such as U.S. currency.
10. Is there any participation limitation for Elastos token sale? What is the maximum amount per person? Like ZRX or other token sales, Elastos will distribute tokens to the majority or only minority?
For funding an institute or an organization, the maximum amount is 10 BTC. For individuals, the maximum amount is 0.1 BTC.
11. Can we get ELA token directly during the token sale? Token distribution will be completed before February 1, 2018.
12. Why participants should choose Elastos instead of other cryptocurrencies? Because Elastos is like the aircraft carrier of the blockchain industry. It is the only one that can deliver and operate on large decentralized Apps.
13. What is the biggest challenge for Elastos? To make sure users can accept blockchain and understand the value of DApps, marketing development could be the biggest challenge.
14. How are the work tasks allocated between Elastos teams in Beijing and Shanghai? Elastos in Beijing is mainly responsible for the overall project operation and management in blockchain development. The Shanghai team works on OS development (Elastos runtime), including interface support with 3rd party applications.
15. Is there any impact from current government regulations? No, Elastos private sales are not considered as a token sale by the Chinese government.
16. When will Elastos publish English documents on github or other technical exchange platform? We have started to publish ten million lines of codes on https://github.com/elastos and https://gitlab.com/elastos/CM12_0-Android501. Later, we will also publish the code on Reddit, Slack, Steemit and other platforms.
17. Do you have a list of products and technology that Elastos is working on? What’s the current status of Elastos development such as Testnet, test deployment or simulated operation? We are continuing development of the Elastos Blockchain while the main network is being tested. It will be published online in Jan. 2018. Also, we are optimizing the former Elastos OS to become the efficient Elastos Runtime, and making it support Android and iOS operating systems. The integration with Android in lower layer is complete, while that for iOS is still in progress.
Elastos Runtime includes two parts:
Supports applications via SDK and supports H5 applications through Elastos Desktop.
Meanwhile, we are also developing specific service modules for Elastos Runtime such as the wallet, ID verification, privacy management and so on.
To support secure network communication, we are developing a P2P network communication library, and the beta version will be ready to deploy by February 2018.
18. What will be the future application cases in Elastos? Because our vision is to provide users with a trustful operating system based on their application scenarios and as well as on blockchain technology, we will definitely have a lot of potential future applications.
The followings are some example of the applications:
- Support point-to-point conversation, point-to-point document transfer through decentralized P2P communication.
- Support point-to-point business through decentralized payment.
- Support digital content APP, like: electronic books, games, video player. All digital assets can be protected in a trustful environment.
- Support applications about evidence, traceability to source, ID verification, etc. through trustful storage.
Our projects that are currently in the business phase include: automatic driving system for one of China’s top automobile company, point-to-point document transfer system in personal mobile phones, evidence for credit investigation, single ID verification platform, and traceability of luxury goods.
19. Did anybody ask the similarity and difference between Elastos and blockstack? Blockstack realizes a decentralized browser based on distributed storage, and supply applications depending on browser. It combines encrypted, distributed storage and blockchain ID to make sure all the data belongs to the owner.
As for Elastos, we will apply a similar method for digital assets storage. Users could apply for an ID for their digital assets on the blockchain, which guarantees the ownership of those digital contents. Based on the clarification of ownership, the digital contents will also be transferable and tradable. Finally, we make sure that all the digital contents can be used in trustful environment by the Elastos Runtime. Even though it is decrypted, it cannot escape from Elastos Runtime operating environment, which guarantees that it will never disclose or damage the ownership of the digital contents.
For more information on Elastos:
Join the conversation: Elastos Telegram Community