by David Page, Digital Marketing Consultant at Elfsight — developer of customizable & coding-free website widgets
Digital Marketing skills are essential for everyone working online. Whether you are a blogger, a website owner, a personal brand, you need to stay up-to-date with digital promotion strategies. Blogs, courses, books, and other learning resources are great sources of inspiration and personal development.
In this article, I’ve compiled a list of the most prominent digital marketing blogs worth subscribing. Each item is supplied with links to the articles worth a read. The list is arranged in no particular order. Please, enjoy!
Top 11 Digital Marketing Blogs to Follow
One of the top SEO and digital marketing blogs on the Net. Best practices, research, how-tos and insights on how to level-up your SEO and online marketing skills.
- Marketing Lessons Learned from 16 Years of Building Moz — Whiteboard Friday
- How to Build the Right Content Marketing Strategy for SEO Growth
- The 3 Easiest Link Building Tactics Any Website Can Use to Acquire Their First 50 Links — Whiteboard Friday
Learn how to optimize your website’s conversion and performance from Unbounce’s blog.
- Is Content Marketing a Waste of Time and Money? Data and Lessons Learned from 20 posts in 30 days
- 10 Questions to Ask Yourself When Your Conversion Rates Are Below Average
- How to Get 100,000 People to See Your Blog Post
Copy Hackers is a blog for marketers, copywriters, and others dealing with promotional writing. It is a great resource for those looking to write texts that solve problems, persuade, influence and inspire.
- The Ultimate Guide to No-Pain Copywriting (or, Every Copywriting Formula Ever)
- We did these 7 things to a SaaS onboarding email sequence, and it tripled paid conversions
You have surely heard of HubSpot — an inbound marketing and sales software company. Hubspot Blog is a goldmine for those related to marketing, sales, customer service and more. Discover loads of insights, best practices, learning resources, industry trends and other valuable types of content.
- This Strategy Helped the HubSpot Blog Break a Year-Long Traffic Plateau
- Search Has Changed. Here’s How Your Content Needs to Evolve
Content Marketing Institute is one of the first blogs who highlighted the importance of content marketing in online promotion. Their blog is a hub of marketing trends and best practices.
- 4 Unconventional Ways to Promote Blog Content on Social Media
- Don’t Miss Out on These 7 Ways to Use Your Social-Share Data
- How to Write Headlines That Get Your Brand What It Wants [Checklist]
Discover a wide collection of insights into online marketing, content marketing, social media and more.
- The Art of Copywriting: How to Write Better Captions that Get Engagement
- The 10 Top Social Media Tools Brands are Using to Succeed in 2019
- The Most In-Demand Skills of 2019 (According to LinkedIn), YouTube Advertising, Our Ultimate Facebook Engagement Guide, and More!
A wide range of topics relating to CRO (conversion rate optimization).
A/B Testing is one of the CRO’s approaches. You might want to learn more about it from my recent article:
How to Do A/B Testing: A Checklist You’ll Want to Bookmark
A/B testing is a part of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO). Turning visitors into customers or towards the desired…
Neil Patel Blog (ex Kissmetrics)
Created by a New Your Times best-selling author, Neil Patel Blog is one of the best digital marketing blogs. Learn email marketing, content marketing, paid ads and more.
- 4 Facebook Algorithm Hacks to Bring Your Reach Back from the Dead
- How to Create a Global SEO Strategy
- 17 Charts That Show Where Content Marketing is Heading
Convince & Convert is a blog created by Jay Baer covering topics from content marketing to conversions. It offers a variety of learning resources including books, podcasts, and blog articles.
- 6 Digital Marketing Trends for 2019 and How to Adopt Them
- The 9 Best User-Generated Content Platforms for Driving Engagement and Sales
As the name suggests, this blog, for the most part, is about content writing and copywriting. Apart from it, Copyblogger also covers content marketing, entrepreneurship, freelance writing and more.
- The Wise Content Marketer’s Guide to Sensible SEO
- The Simple 3-Step Process for Creating a Winning Content Marketing Strategy
- 3 Questions You Must Ask to Build a Strong Content Strategy
In Ahrefs blog, you’ll find detailed tutorials, case studies, and opinions from marketing practitioners and industry experts. Learn about keyword research, link building, SEO basics, website traffic, SEO tools, outreach and more. They typically publish 1–2 posts per week.
It’s never too late to subscribe to a few blogs, enroll in an offline course and learn a few skills to get new career opportunities. Digital Marketing is rapidly evolving, so you need to stay up-to-date with recent news and trends.