Our Testnet-as-a-Battleground event is nearing an exciting finale and sadness seeps into our hearts — is there life after Battle of Nodes? Let’s find out later. This event is very useful, exciting, educational, frustrating and rewarding at the same time. So why not continue it.
If you’re a gamer, then you might have noticed that 2019 was a hot year for established games, which came forward with expansions called Shadowlands, Shadowbringers and Shadowkeep.
So, without further ado, we’re announcing Battle of Nodes: Shadowshards
With a $30.000 total prize pool over two hardcore weeks, observers will get the chance to join veteran validators in an all-out-battle where everything goes.
Shadowshards Prize pool:
- $20.000 for vulnerabilities, distributed for successful attacks & issues discovery
- $10.000 to be split among people running validators on the Elrond testnet
- Registration: 04–17 December (open now!)
- Phase 1 — Build 07–09 December
- Phase 2 — Challenge 10–12 December
- Phase 3 — Attack 13–23 December
- End: 23 December 23:59 UTC
Battle of Nodes participants carry on automatically.
Newcomers please do:
- Join https://t.me/ElrondValidators & https://t.me/BattleOfNodes
- Perform KYC (link)
- Install up to 6 nodes — tutorial (link) -> in the tutorial pay close attention to Step 8, where you get instructions about the 2 key pairs you will need. Back them up safely, they are your validator!
- Fill in this form (link)
- Read the terms, conditions & FAQ
Battle of Nodes important updates:
- Original (vanilla) event ends on 06 December 23:59 UTC
- Payments to be executed on 09 December, before 23:59 UTC
- You can continue to Shadowshards without registration or KYC
- Leaderboard scores are carried over and incremented in Shadowshards
Because we didn’t have time for a proper Phase 3 — Attack:
- Shadowshards will be mostly Phase 3 — Attack. This means that executing attacks on the network is encouraged and rewarded, if successful.
- Vulnerabilities prize pool will change as follows:
- $10.000 (half) to be paid out on 09 December for the major attacks and several GitHub issues
- $10.000 (remaining half) is carried over to Shadowshards, for a $20.000 Shadowshards total and a $30.000 Battle of Nodes overall
- Why the split: This pool was for attacks, and we didn’t have a proper Attack phase. So we are rewarding good work so far and top up for the real attack phase.
3. Top 7 Accounts prizes will split in half:
- 1st half is paid on the 09th of December, based on scores up to 06 December
- 2nd half is paid after the 23rd of December, based on scores up to 23 December
- Scores keep adding up
- Why the split: Originally, Top 7 Accounts were to gain the most points by attacking and surviving attacks. We will not deny them their hard work so far but also want to stay true to our goals
See you on the battle #fiedl !
Elrond is a new blockchain architecture, designed from scratch to bring a 1000-fold cumulative improvement in throughput and execution speed. To achieve this, Elrond introduces two key innovations: a novel Adaptive State Sharding mechanism, and a Secure Proof of Stake (PoS) algorithm, enabling linear scalability with a fast, efficient, and secure consensus mechanism. Thus, Elrond can process upwards of 10,000 transactions per second (TPS), with 5-second latency, and negligible cost, attempting to become the backbone of a permissionless, borderless, globally accessible internet economy.
Elrond is built by a team of experienced entrepreneurs along with 13 engineers and researchers with significant blockchain backgrounds and technical experience at Microsoft, Google, Intel, and NTT DATA. The team includes two PhDs in CS & AI, multiple math, CS, and AI Olympiad champions, and a former member of the NEM core team.
For more information, please visit us: