Letting our feelings show
What are some healthy ways to release those emotions so we can process them?
I imagine it will look a little different for each person depending on the situation. But here are a few outlets to try when your emotions get stuck on the inside.
- Journaling (Write the questions swirling in your head or the things you’re afraid to say aloud. Doesn’t matter if it makes sense — just write.)
- Crying (Everyone — yes, everyone — needs a good cry on occasion. It’s not a sign of weakness.)
- Chatting or venting to a close friend
- Listening to music or making music if you sing / play an instrument (I’m continually amazed how music can help me voice my feelings when I can’t find the words.)
- Working out (boxing, barre workout, yoga, lifting weights, cycling, running, etc.)
- Spending time alone (Getting out in nature — if that’s an option — can make your alone time even better.)
- Baking (I love baking and find it helps me process subconsciously while focusing on something I enjoy.)