Enact began a little over two years ago as an exploration into how to create a framework that takes the best of the modern web and combines that into something that’s easy to use, powerful, and helps developers focus on writing apps instead of managing their tools.
From those explorations we created a framework based on the React ecosystem. That framework, Enact, is used by internal teams at LG to create applications for webOS Smart TV’s. We’re now ready to share our efforts with other developers. Enact incorporates a great many open source projects, each carefully chosen and tested to work well together. And now, in the spirit of open source, we’re sharing what we’ve made with the community.
- A solid core
- A TV-themed UI library (Moonstone)
- An unstyled base UI library
- A set of reusable higher-order components
- Internationalization (i18n) support
- A command line tool for app creation and management
- A focus management library (Spotlight)
- Performant scroller and virtual list components
- Support for pre-rendering
- Beautiful documentation
- Integrated linting and unit testing
We’re going to have some fun.