Alternative software to GloriaFood
GloriaFood provides restaurant businesses an online ordering solution in this post we are going to look into alternative software solutions that could be used instead of GloriaFood, no doubt Gloriafood has amassed thousands of active restaurants businesses all over the world.
We will look into other solutions out there to best cater to your needs.
Importance of online food ordering systems
Online ordering platforms are getting huge attraction in coming days due to COVID-19’s pandemic it has further accelerated this growth more and more brick and mortar restaurants are now focussing on their online platforms while some restaurants are even getter traction than their physical restaurants.
To understand why online platforms are gaining more users we have to look into the following points
- It's convenient for customers to order online instead of going all the way to restaurants some restaurants might have some ambiance advantages but overall more customers order online
- Due to COVID protocols, some restaurants have to close dine-in, and with online food delivery its possible to get contactless delivery
- Customers have an advance of paying through multiple payment methods
- The overall customers are confident that by ordering through a mobile app they will get their order without any delay
Some states show that due to pandemics the ordering trends has been increased by 60%
Seeing the change restaurant owners are fully aware that they need to be on top because internet platforms can bring them more customers. This gives them the reason to digitize their foodservice and grow their business by a decent percentage.
Seeing that this is a very important decision alternatives to Gloriafood needs to be looked into so here are a few points why it is going to be important
- Profit margin can be increased by at least 35%–40%
- Growing your customer base with more advanced mobile applications and solutions
To get an overview we should first look into what GloriaFood has to offer before diving back to its alternatives
The approach that GloriaFood uses is a more freemium approach for business owners. GloriaFood targets are small to medium size businesses. With GloriaFood you take free and unlimited orders can checkout customer inquiries with so much ease.
Overall this is a centralized system with easy to use interface, it's possible to log in to their account and manage orders, engagements, manage the fleet operation and look into business-related things.
The main highlighting points of GloriaFood are:
- Its free plan is available to business owners
- Setup is completely free
- You can receive unlimited orders or handle multiple locations
- Creating a Menu is fairly easy
GloriaFood can be useful in the following cases:
- The size of the business is small and needs to integrate payment gateways
- If the restaurants want to manage their online reservation system it's possible with their system
- If your business is mobile-based it could certainly benefit from using their system
With a freemium model, there are always some restrictions involved that you have to look into
- If you have a large business a proper POS system needs to be integrated which is not provided by GloriaFood
- If the business has multiple branches the reporting option in GloriaFood is not very thorough
- If you have to cancel the reservation option GloriaFood alternatives perform better in that case
List of alternatives to GloriaFood
Square is a very popular alternative to GloriaFood most by multiple restaurant owners and has good reliability
The biggest advantage of Square is that it provides 2-in-1 ordering systems for example it provides delivery solutions as well as point of sale solutions. It has all the delivery modes available such as the Pickup option.
Some of the advantages of using Square POS are the following:
- Free Plan: Payment modes are flexible though it does incur a 2.65% transaction fee applied on incoming card-based payments.
- It has the ability to entertain delivery order request
- Sales are centralized so orders and physical sales on the premise can be accessed from one place
2. Toast POS
Toast POS is a flexible system it is built exclusively for restaurants and the food ordering industry. It offers some of the must-have features such as online ordering, mobile app ordering, contactless delivery.
Pros of using Toast:
- Ability to use swipe card and store credit card information
- A cross-platform solution that works on every device
- Quick updates that make it easy to get the latest version
- Good community and forums are available so that you can ask community for help
Cons of using Toast:
- Customer support is kind of hit and miss it either works or not
- Toast systems have screen issues
OrderEm is another alternative to GloriaFood that can help you get online delivery and takeout delivery request fairly easily. They offer a customer website and mobile app that can be integrated with your Facebook page profile fairly easily.
OrderEm is not suitable for small-scale businesses but a large-scale business might find it useful and can use it on the get-go.
The cost of OrderEm can be broken into the following:
- $25 per month per brand
- $259 fee additional charges for first-time software services setup
4. Menu Drive:
MenuDrive has a flexible solution that can turn your restaurant menu into an interactive white-labeled website, the orders are also customizable so combo deals, menu specials, and discount codes can be added.
MenuDrive also offers restaurant owners a handful of marketing tools such as loyalty programs by integrating code options and coupons etc.
MenuDrive comes with a monthly free at $39 per month. They also charge 40% depending on the food order's nature.
Cloud Waitress is another alternative to GloriaFood right now. It has an option to give you a white-labeled restaurant website and mobile app. The solution is also cloud-based so it makes it easier for data management and security.
It provides plenty of ways in order for customers to contact you such as they can also contact you through the contact form which makes it easier. It works with small to large-scale businesses.
It costs around $39 per month. It also comes with 100 orders per month for a free plan.
Since the restaurant space is fast-paced, with tons of competitors vying for customer loyalty, restaurant owners are always on the lookout for the best digital solutions for their businesses.
Having said that, if you have tried Gloriafood before and weren’t satisfied with their business model, Ontabee might be what you need. For instance, Gloriafood charges a flat $59 for their premium plan with additional charges for extra features, whereas Ontabee charges $59 for everything that Gloriafood offers — it’s evidently greater value for money.
Here’s the elaborated version:
- Sign up for a free Ontabee trial plan and use all of the features similar to Gloriafood’s.
- Paid plan bundles of multiple Gloriafood-like features for a nominal fee.
- Single outlet pricing plans
- Unlimited orders
- Integrated customer support system
- Mobile responsive white-labeled interface
- Order for later
- Pictures in menu options
… and much more!
Moving on, as one of the best Gloriafood alternatives for single-outlet restaurants, Ontabee aims to provide you with a competitive online ordering solution. As a result, you earn a healthy ROI on multiple marketing campaigns, and other growth activities.
If you haven’t tried Orders2Me before, you should give it a shot as a solid Gloriafood alternative.
It’s a popular business platform for up-and-coming restaurant owners who wish to move their workflow online. Compared to Gloriafood, Orders2Me promises lower fees and just about the same number of features that the former platform has.
Orders2Me is a fully-fledged online ordering solution that operates at relatively lower margins and solves multiple solutions for restaurants. For instance, you pay a flat monthly fee to leverage the following benefits:
No Order Commissions: There are no hidden fees, outrageous charges, or anything like that whenever customers place a direct online food order on your Orders2Me white-labeled restaurant portal. You can take complete credit for your online ordering system without hassle.
Versatile Menu Options:
- Create menus for your restaurant’s online ordering system within minutes.
- Add items’ images to boost visibility
- Add calorie counts and nutritional values to your menu items.
- Create multiple food order bundles *(half pizza with toppings, etc.)
- Add seasonal items to the menu
- Mention allergen information for people with specific allergies
Intuitive Dashboard: Orders2Me’s intuitive dashboard allows you to view online order history, create marketing campaigns and view past performance reports. The platform is user-friendly with a minimalistic, clean interface that makes it easy for restaurant owners to navigate across it.
Overall, it Order2Me is a combination of several useful features and sub-level functions, making it a better alternative to Gloriafood at the moment.
Seeing that there are plenty of alternatives available in the market majority of the solution available incur per month cost some of the charges are based on commission as well. There is one key disadvantage of using this type of solution even if the solution is white labeled it does not give you a well-branded application. For example, if you need specific customization specific to your needs that can not happen with this solution.
In the long run, when your restaurant is scaling after some years these costs are going to scale up. In the end, you are also at the mercy of the platform, for example, whatever policy changes or prices they are going to increase you will, unfortunately, have to agree to them.
The only solution is building your own custom software solution to cater to those needs at Enatega we specialize in making custom restaurant-based software solutions with any customization that you need and fulfill all your needs. It gives a different UI/UX experience to your customers if you are small to medium-sized to large-sized business this is the best solution available to you.