Essential Plugins for Sketch
These are the best plugins you need to know ASAP when starting out with Sketch
This article was written by Maira Ahmad, designer & frontend developer at Endertech.
Must-have Starter Plugins
- Sketch Toolbox
This helps you download any plugin (all of the below).
- Dynamic Symbol Button
Great for wireframes or process oriented UIs.
Create one button style and and insert it anywhere in your layout with any length of text.
- Icon Font (Favorite Plugin)
Helps you insert line-icons, font-awesome, and a few other other icon fonts from within the “Text” tool.
- Easy to use
- You can change colors without having to change vectors, or screenshot
- Tedious to insert multiple icons
- Collapse all art boards (my go to as soon as I export).
- V (vector)
- O (oval)
- U (rounded rectangle)
- R (rectangle)
3. Bring Forward, Backward, send to front + backward
4. A (create an art board)
5. T (Text)
6. 0–9 (Opacity) … 0=100% 1=10%
7. Fit + Zoom
- Command +0
- Command +1
- Command +2
8. Hide + Lock Layer
- Command + Shift + L
- Command + Shift + H
9. Working on a 13 inch Macbook and creating desktop size
- Command + “.”
Here is a link to all shortcuts on Sketch