Welcome to Endurance Women. I started this community in 2017. I set up the community to share the stories of ordinary women being extraordinary — expressed via endurance sport. Whether it’s completing a 5K run or swimming the channel, I wanted to share the spirit of endurance and the power it gives women. Read more about my why here.
I’ve decided to take endurance women to Medium to reach more women and to open up the community to writers, so we can all find our voice. I want to share stories, tips, life lessons and conversations.
Content that works best are you stories, I’m not so concerned in the miles you ran in training, more in the lessons you learned along the way. I’m also keen to hear from writers who have a background in journalism and want to broaden their reach here on Medium and beyond.
Read on for detail on how to submit an article.
Please make sure all guidelines are met when considering a piece for submission
- We accept unpublished drafts AND previously published stories. We realise you may have already written a great story you wish to share with the community. Note that the original publication date will still be displayed, regardless of when it’s submitted to Endurance Women.
- Submissions must be tagged with at least one of the following: Running, Endurance, Training, Life Lessons, Women. Need some help on how to tag, here’s how to tag your content when you’re ready to publish.
- You are able to import stories you’ve written from other sites (not originally on Medium). Follow these instructions for additional clarification.
- Submissions may be edited for spelling, grammar, and format. We prefer our pieces to align with the “style” on Medium. We will never change the message of your content. If we have questions, comments, or suggestions, we will send you a private note. Please install GRAMMARLY and check yourself before submitting.
- Submissions must be made through Medium. For more information on the process, please read here.
- All submissions must include a featured image with proper attribution. The easiest site to use is Unsplash. Other sites include Pixabay and Pexels.
- Once a story has been published in Endurance Women, we would like it to remain there. There are of course exceptions, but please do not remove a story without prior notice. If you want to remove the piece, please ask first. It’s your work, you may do with it what you wish, but we would like to know the reason behind removing it.
- We review submissions promptly. Please allow up to 24 hours for review. If you have an intended publication date and time, please let us know via email and we will schedule at the time requested.
- Not all submissions will be accepted. If a submission is rejected, we will feedback with 48 hours and will advise on amends that could be made in order for your article to be published.
- We prefer to receive members-only content because it’s subject to curation and thus has the potential to bring a larger number of visitors to the page. This also helps you earn money for your work.
- If you ever want to leave the publication, feel free. Please let us know why you are leaving, as we are always open to getting better and improving the publication. Feedback is always welcome.
- Please familiarise yourself with Medium and how it works and check out Medium’s Terms of Service should you have any additional questions.
Submissions must be unique and of high quality. We want readers to feel inspired and in most cases we want them to have definite actions to follow and lessons to takeaway. I’m not interested in hearing about your training diary, or long race reports.
Please fill out the form here.
Email us here with questions.
Attaching your draft to the google form
Click the “…” button near the top-right corner of the page
- Select “Add to publication”
- Choose “Endurance Women” from your publications list
- Click “Add draft” to submit your story for review
- Wait for your draft to be reviewed (we’ll either publish your draft or provide feedback within 24 hours. We will ALWAYS provide feedback if a draft is rejected)
Depending on your settings, you should receive an email from Medium once your story is accepted or rejected.
If you focus on the written guidelines above as well as Medium’s, you’ll have a great chance at getting your story published, curated, and noticed.
Let’s share some brilliant stories and inspire other women.