For those who are still F.A. (forever alone) out there… 😜
Did you know that FA means Speak in Latin?
Latin is the foundation of modern English — so learning Latin will help you master difficult English vocabulary at lightning speed ⚡️ Of course, I will help you memorise the Latin words real fast too! 🚀
Word of the Day: FA — SPEAK
- Fable (n): a short moral story that often features animal characters 🐷 🐝🦋. Or a story about mythical or supernatural things or events 🐍 🦄 🦇. /ˈfeɪbəl/ (Chuyện ngụ ngôn, hoang đường)
- the fable of the sick lion and the wary fox.
- Fabled (adj): famous or legendary. /ˈfeɪbəld/ (nổi tiếng, huyền thoại)
- Atlantis was a fabled island in Greek’s mythology.
- Affable (adj): friendly, pleasant, and easy to talk to. /ˈafəb(ə)l/ 🗣 ☺️ (Hoà nhã, dễ chịu, dễ bắt chuyện)
- An affable host offers you something to drink and makes you feel at home.
- Affableness (n)
- Ineffable (adj): Too great or extreme to be expressed or described in. words. 🔇 /ɪnˈɛfəb(ə)l/ (Cạn lời, khó diễn tả)
- the ineffable mysteries of the soul.
- The feeling when you get a new pet is ineffable — too strange and wonderful to define.
- Confabulate (v): (very formal) Talk. 🗣 🗯 /kənˈfabjʊleɪt/
- Ordinary people talk, people wearing tuxedos and fabulous evening gowns confabulate.
Memory Tip: If you are still F.A. (forever alone), SPEAK out so girls/guys can fall in love with you! 😜 💘
Follow EnGeek if you think it’s helpful to you in anyway and want to support us emotionally 🙃 👏