Finding a Factory in China — Easier Than You Think
What’s in this episode?
- The biggest mistake people make when they go to start making their product. (01:08)
- At least understand the basics of how your product comes together. (01:37)
- If you’re expecting an expert to know these things for you — make sure they actually care about your product. (02:23)
- How do I learn how to make your product? (02:47)
- Go to forums to find experts. (03:47)
- Get plugged into an online community — like Enter China. (04:18)
- If you don’t understand how to make a product ask suppliers on your early supplier list — even if you burn through the supplier. (04:49)
- Find out where your product is actually made in China. (05:07)
- Factory Regions Map
- The best way to search for suppliers is word of mouth. (05:53)
- going to markets and trade shows — if you’re in China. (06:46)
- Use search engines (07:13)
- The difference between global sources and Alibaba (07:51)
- How to search correctly on Alibaba (09:55)
- Alibaba trade assurance explained (10:49)
- Assessed supplier explained (11:15)
- Find a factory that’s good for your needs and size. (15:09)
- Take supplier information off Alibaba and put it into an initial factory list (16:17)
- Make sure you have the design files (17:52)
- Also have a non-disclosure agreement (18:02)
- Rico’s blog post on contracts in China
- Create a project overview (18:51)
- Initial Factory List Template
Thanks for Watching!
Thanks so much for tuning into the Enter China Show this week. If you have any feedback you’d like to share we want to hear it! Leave a note in the comment section below! … Please. :)
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Oh and don’t forget to give it a thumbs up on YouTube.
If you liked this video chances are you’ll like the rest of our videos too. We have a YouTube channel with over 150 videos onstarting physical product businesses and living in China. Click here to visit the YouTube channel.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the Enter China Show on YouTube to get automatic updates. It’s free!