How to Enter the Online Gold Rush Before It’s Too Late
Create extra income to boost your lifestyle
Are you ready to be Entrefied?
“No matter how bad or slow things go, you’re still way ahead of everyone who isn’t even trying.”
Tony Robbins, Super Motivational Speaker
Look, it’s 2019, we have access to everything in the palm of our hands now.
Want to know who fought in the War of 1812? Google. Want to know how toothpicks were invented? Google. It takes milliseconds to find information and whatever we want. I even read the Wikipedia on Rope one time.
Clearly, the internet is the future and it is taking over every aspect of our lives.
In the 90s our parents told us to NEVER get in the car with strangers. Well, thanks to technology, we literally summon strangers so we can get into their cars now.
You can even have people deliver your cupcakes. I did it, yes, I’m fat, but it was delicious.
My point here is, this is a GOLD RUSH. The BIG picture is you can make almost anything possible now through some form of an online business.
I’m going to show you some ways to get into this gold rush before Amazon buys us all out. (Halfway serious?)
Why Join the Digital Age?
The number 1 earner on YouTube for 2018 with $22 MILLION dollars in his pocket is..a 7-year-old child named Ryan. Read this Forbes article, 100% real.
He reviews toys.
I just want that to sink in for a moment.
This kid is living his dream and making bank playing with toys all day while someone is drinking 10 cups of coffee to try and get to 3 o’clock or circling around a water cooler complaining about not getting a raise for the last 90 years.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”
Norman Vincent Peale, The Power of Positive Thinking
If you think the online market is saturated, well let me stop you there because that’s an excuse and that’s why Ryan is making bank with his Legos.
No more excuses.
I want you to read this article and take ACTION. Stop making excuses.
3 Tools You Need to Begin Digging
Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools, he is nothing, with tools he is all.
Thomas Carlyle, Scottish Philosopher
Tool #1: Personality Tests & Self-Assessment
Figure out your strengths.
If you love to write but hate customer service, why the heck would you run an e-commerce store?
Play to your strengths and develop an online presence you enjoy and love.
Write down what you love to do and hate to do when looking at an online presence. Take the personality test mentioned above and here as well if you have extra time.
Here’s an example:
I love to write, I don’t like random customer calls and complaints, I enjoy expressing myself, I like to share my knowledge and opinions.
Okay, so for this type of person, you can blog, write a book, or create something that doesn’t revolve around customers. So don’t sell handbags if you can’t handle complaints and calls.
Tool #2: An Idea Document
It’s commonly referred to as a “business plan” but I will call it an idea document.
I think it’s crucial to lay out a list of options and narrow them down.
I am going to give you my top 5 recommendations for online business types today and then we will work through them.
- Blogging — This is a fantastic way to let your ideas flow and help people. Just like I’m doing now. You can also make some SERIOUS cash if you help a lot of people by recommending them to fantastic products through affiliate offers. Check out Patt Flynn on SmartPassiveIncome. He links to his income each month and gives you a report on the money he earns. He makes $100,000 to $200,000 most months. Get started learning how here.
- E-commerce Stores — Look, guys, this is the future. Walmart is sprinting to catch up to Amazon. Amazon is clearly the dominator in this market and will keep growing. Making your own e-commerce store is getting easier and you can even work with Amazon. Amazon was founded in 1994 and hit 1 trillion in value after Apple. Apple was made in 1976 and hit 1 trillion a few weeks prior to Amazon. Amazon is 90% online, while Apple is a traditional store. It took Amazon 24 years and Apple 42 years. Online stores are becoming gold mines guys. I even made a store with my fiancé and I will be creating a course to show you how to do this later on. We make sales literally setting on the beach.
- Information Products — Honestly, this is a HUGE goldmine. Do you know something and can create a course to explain how people can do it? Take for example my Shopify store. If I make videos and a detailed guide on how to create it and be successful, I can sell it to people to help them. I can then reinvest to create more content to help people generate income with more detailed guides. You can even check out some Free courses on how this works. This is a great way to help people. You do all the hard work of finding information and gathering it, then condensing it for them.
- E-books — You can also self publish books on Amazon. You may say, “Oh, writing a book is SO hard!” but it’s really not. You just sit down, pick your topic, write out your Sections, then Chapters, then Subtopics. Go hire an editor if you don’t want to write it on Fivver, they have all the materials they need. Or just write it yourself and boom, go sell it on Amazon.
5. Sell a service — There is a website where you can hire a lawyer on the go for crying out loud. Go to Fivver or somewhere, even Etsy and utilize your skills. Can you do some bookkeeping? Boom, Fivver has got you. Web design? You can get hired. Want to make pretty bows? Etsy will love you.
There are so many other ways to use the internet to generate you whatever income you want. Side income, $7,928.52 a month income, and “I just paid for a Jet, Cash” income.
The point I’m trying to make here is STOP procrastinating, STOP saying the market is saturated, STOP saying you’re bad at this or that, and START doing SOMETHING on the side or even full time. I don’t care if it’s something as small as asking questions for money! Which I totally do.
You guys are KILLING ME with excuses. If I can make money asking questions, then you can make a few freaking bucks doing SOMETHING. Sorry for the rant but I continually hear reasons why people “can’t” do this or that, instead of “how can I?”. Buck up.
I love the people who are ready to instantly call everything online a scam. Sure, there are scams but if you do proper research, it’s pretty obvious that some people genuinely care. It’s just another form of an excuse.
Be like Ryan, play with some Legos and make bank. A 7-year-old could buy your house and everything you own. It’s time to step up.
You could lose your job at any moment, as we see with the government shutdown currently in 2019.
You need to invest in yourself, your abilities, and utilize them to create a secondary/primary source for you and your family.
This is a fantastic time to get started.
Tool #3: Your Platform
“You alone are responsible for what you do, don’t do, or how you respond to what’s done to you.”
Darren Hardy, The Compound Effect
There are tons of platforms out there. I’m giving you everything you need to do something and I’m always here for questions. But you have to do something.
Here are 5 platforms that I find will help you the MOST (they certainly have helped me):
- Medium.com — Join a fantastic community of writers and blogger. This is the place to come if you want to be heard and learn from other awesome writers. What an amazing platform to be writing on. You can publish for Free or become a member and get paid to write away! You will be going to an audience instead of trying to create one.
- Lurn.com — This is easily my favorite learning platform online. They have like 30 or 40 Free courses with folks like Daymond John off of Shark Tank giving you Free lessons! What the heck? I really love the Lurn area because they have given me so much valuable content. You can even go in person to their education center!
- Shopify — This is a no brainer. You can start a store for $30 a month with Shopify. All you have to do is net $50 a month to break even with your store cost. Here are 7 inspirational stores of women that opened and made tons of money with Shopify.
- Wealthy Affiliate — This was the first place I learned to make money online. I’ll never forget my first $5! It was for a mousepad. I had sold it through my very first site that you can check out here, it hasn’t been touched in like 2 years. I totally stopped working on this site after I realized I hated technology, but it was my first online sale placed and it only cost me like $60 to make! I recommend them because they offer some awesome Free courses as well.
- Amazon FBA — This is a place I don’t use a ton of, but I have sold some items through them for a profit. You just send in your products, Amazon handles customer service, shipping, all that. It’s a pretty sweet model if you can get your hands on some solid products. I recommend going to Udemy because they have some solid courses covering this topic in great detail. It cost you 10 bucks for a pretty good course there covering FBA for Amazon.
If you fail to take action on any of the stuff above, just know it’s solely your fault. Not mine, not Trumps, not aliens, yours.
Let’s knock the excuses going through your head out right now, together.
- “I don’t have enough money.” Oh, I mentioned tons of Free opportunities above, good try.
- “I don’t have enough time.” as you spend your morning on Facebook and reading the latest news on Trump and his Tweets. Solid try again but that’s totally b.s. and you know it.
- “I don’t have any skills or knowledge.” Well, Ryan is 7 and his skill is opening toy boxes and playing with them. If you don’t even possess enough skill and creativity to open toy boxes, I simply give up. Another bad excuse.
- “What if I fail?” Then you fail. Reflect on what YOU did wrong and then try again. It’s like asking girls out in High School all over again. You’re not gonna get every girl, no matter how cool you are.
Alright, now pick which actions you're taking because excuses are not an option.
And do it.
Do whatever it is you have to do. Sell some ribbons on Etsy maybe. Glow in the dark toilet paper on Shopify even.
Small progress is all you need.
If you made it this far, you’ve failed. Go back up and find SOMETHING to get started on. Maybe just write down some ideas.
But seriously, get to hustling before Ryan buys your house.
We’re just getting warmed up. I’ll see you next Thursday.
You’ve been Entrefied.