How to Delete eBay Account
How to delete eBay Account Tired: — with eBay? Whether you’ve been burned by eBay’s security concerns or simply do not seem to be winning auctions, it’s easy to become frustrated with the service.
Before deleting your eBay account
Before you delete your account, you need to consider a few things to make sure it’s right for you. Keep this in mind:
- When you close your account, you lose your comments and history.
- You must have all fees paid and an account balance of zero.
- You should not have open auctions.
- You can not close if your account does not meet the eBay seller’s performance standards.
Why delete an eBay account?
There are several reasons for users to unsubscribe from the auction site. Among these reasons, the following can be cited:
- It is difficult to ask for a return or refund of items purchased on eBay;
- No payment of a purchase;
- You have a problem with a seller
- Difficulties of payment;
- Massive reception of unwanted emails from the online sales site;
- Using other ad sites like Amazon.
Cancel an eBay transaction
In the case of a damaged object or an error during an online sale or if you sold the object but you can not finalize the transaction, you can cancel it at any time until 30 days after the sale.
To cancel a transaction, simply follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.ebay.com;
- Go to My eBay and press » My Sales «;
- Find the object to cancel;
- From the More Actions drop-down menu, select “ Cancel this command” ;
- Choose the reason for canceling the transaction and follow the requested instructions;
Once all these steps are followed, the transaction will be canceled.
NB: You must inform the buyer of the cancellation of the transaction by mentioning the reason for the cancellation of the order.
Cancel a purchase
If you have purchased an item but are changing your mind, you can request cancellation of your order. Once the seller agrees to cancel your order, you do not have to pay. If you have already paid, you can request a refund.
NB: If your account has an excessive number of transaction cancellations, the eBay team will terminate your purchase privileges.
How to permanently close your eBay account?
If you decide to close your account, you will not be able to reopen it. It will be impossible to reactivate your eBay account after deletion and personal data will be permanently deleted.
However, if you are determined to unsubscribe from your account due to various issues related to your personal space or for any other reason, you may delete your account permanently at any time. But before closing your account, you must:
- Check that all your fees are paid;
- Settle the entire balance of your account
- Finalize all your transactions before closing your account;
- Resolve the issues causing any suspension or restriction of your account;
- Verify that you do not have a bid in progress;
Once you check the points mentioned above, you can make a request to delete your account.
How to delete your eBay account
Visit the Close the eBay Account page and log in if necessary. Here, eBay will ask you a reason why you close your account. Choose a category from the drop-down list as Security Concerns or Personal Patterns, and select a specific reason from the bullets.
After clicking Continue, eBay will display tips based on what you have chosen. He asks you to keep your account open. He will suggest that you take another step. You can choose whether this solves your problem and whether you want to keep your account or still want to close it.
Once you continue and submit a request to close your account, you will receive an email and you will not be able to use your account. eBay says it usually takes 30 days to close an account, but your account will stay open for 60 days if you bought or sold an item recently.
You can contact eBay if you change your mind during the 30/60 day period. If you just want to stop selling on eBay, you do not have to close your account. Simply removing automatic payment methods will allow you to keep your account open without costing you anything.
Customer Service Contact
If your account is suspended or restricted, you can not close it. To request the closure of your account or to obtain more information on the online sales site, do not hesitate to contact the customer service by e-mail to know how to solve the problems encountered. To do this, simply go to the official site of the online auction site “www.ebay.com" then go to the “ Contact us “ and enter the reason for closing your account.
How to remove the link between your eBay account and your PayPal account?
- Log in to your eBay service: www.ebay.fr. In this page that appears, click on the ‘my eBay’ tab at the top of the eBay homepage.
- The login session is displayed. Log in with your username and password. Your eBay account will appear on your screen. You can see 3 tabs: “activity”, “messages” and “account”.
- Then click on the tab ‘account’. The page for your personal account appears on your screen. On the left pane, you can see a menu called ‘my eBay section’. In this menu, click on the word group named ‘seller account’.
- The following page summarizes all the activities of your seller account and you can have a quick overview of your account at the top of the page.
- In this same page, you can also differentiate different categories such as “my account at a glance”, “eBay listing fees”, “PayPal account information” and “my recent valuations”.
- Go to the ‘PayPal Account Information’ category. In this category, you can see several possible links: “go to the overview of your account”, “view the history of your account”, “update your profile”, “view and update your eBay preferences” and “your eBay account is linked to your PayPal account”.
- Then click on the link named ‘your eBay account is linked to your PayPal account: Delete link.’
- The dissociation is effected. You are no longer linked between the two accounts. Warning, there are no confirmation messages.
- Feel free to leave your opinion on the removal of your account on the auction site in a comment.
Originally published at Entrepreneur News and Startup Guide.