Tutorial: Logging In Using Scatter
A how-to guide to connecting to eosfinex using Scatter
Scatter is a browser extension that allows you to connect to the EOS blockchain network, manage tokens and exchange value — seamlessly.
To get started with Scatter, visit Get-Scatter.com.
Before following these steps, make sure you have transferred tokens to your account for the beta by using the beta faucet. The eosfinex beta faucet will give you the 1 EOX required to create a beta account on eosfinex.
Signing up using Scatter
To sign up using Scatter, start by visiting paper.eosfinex.com. Once there, follow these instructions:
- Click ‘Login’.
- Click ‘First time connecting’.
Select the amount of EOX you want to transfer to the sidechain when creating your account. The minimum value is 1.
Make sure Scatter is running on your computer.
3. Click ‘Create with Scatter’.
If you have not connected your account to the EOS mainnet, you will see the following message (if you have already connected to EOS mainnet/don’t see this message, this step can be skipped).
4. Click Cancel.
5. Open Scatter.
6. If you do not have ‘EOS Mainnet’ added as a network in Scatter already, go to Settings.
7. Click Networks.
8. Click Add.
9. Add the following and click Save.
10. Click the account you want to use. Go to ‘Add account’.
11. Enter your_username@active and click ‘Add’.
12. If you do not have an EOS account, click ‘Create Account’ to make one.
13. Once you have added your account. It will show up in ‘Linked Accounts’ similar to this.
14. Go back to the login screen and click ‘Signup with Scatter’.
You should now see the following screen:
15. Click ‘Login’. After this, you will be asked to confirm the transfer to create your sidechain account on eosfinex.
16. Click ‘Allow’. If you experience an error here similar to ‘no balance object found’, you have not transferred tokens using the beta faucet. Please refer to the top of this article and repeat the steps.
Your account is now being created and you should see a screen similar to this:
Please allow several minutes for the transaction to complete. The process will continue even if you close the window.
Logging in using Scatter
- Go to ‘Login’.
2. Click ‘Connect with Scatter Desktop’. You will a screen similar to:
3. Click ‘Allow’. You should see a screen similar to this:
4. At this stage, you now need to link your account to the eosfinex sidechain. To do this, click ‘Cancel’.
5. Open Scatter.
6. Select the user you’re trying to log in with.
7. Click ‘Add Account’. Select the eosfinex sidechain in the dropdown and enter your_username@active and click ‘Add’. This is visualized in the screenshot below.
8. You should now see the sidechain in your linked accounts, similar to this:
Voila! you should now be able to log in using Scatter.