ATTN Block Producers: Ghostbusters Testnet is now EOS Core
The Ghostbusters initiative is now known as EOS CORE and has been working tirelessly to launch a secure, validated EOS blockchain. We all want this done right without any concerns for ego or politics. Our goal is to launch the EOS blockchain quickly and securely.To learn more about EOS CORE (previously Ghostbusters), please give these posts a read:
- Understanding the EOS Ghostbusters Security Approach
- Ghostbusters Is Doing a Mainnet Test Run!
- Letter to EOS Block Producer Candidates
Here’s the state of things today:
- A blockchain has been spun up, the core contracts were loaded, the EOS tokens were added, registered accounts were included, and multiple independent sources have validated the chain.
- This blockchain was frozen for later use. We’ll give this frozen blockchain the codename “EOSLetItGo” for now (you know, because it’s “Frozen”?).
- A copy of “EOSLetItGo” is now running as a testnet and EOS CORE is asking all block producer candidates to connect to it and help with testing out the EOS software in a production environment using a validated chain.
If you’re an EOS Block Producer Candidate (or you’re connected to one), please have them join the EOS CORE Telegram channel to contribute (it was formally known as BP Infrastructure).
They are asking all BP Candidates to register their block producer accounts so they can be voted in and bring the chain live for further testing with real block producers.
The security around this chain should be given the same attention as a production environment as this chain is loaded with real accounts from the snapshot and block producers are connecting to it using their production infrastructure.
This spreadsheet was recently shared to coordinate the testing that needs to be done on the blockchain.We’re excited to get support for this initiative from people like David Moss and Thomas Cox:
As mentioned in the posts above, this is all about launching a secure, validated EOS blockchain.
Testing that blockchain is incredibly important, and we want the entire community involved in ensuring this happens correctly.
We remain committed to only launching one EOS mainnet and are working hard to ensure which ever mainnet launches will be the one the community trusts.
As mentioned on Twitter by EOS Vibes, at least 7 block producer candidates have already validated the snapshot balances in “EOSLetItGO.”Please spread the word and join this effort to help launch a secure EOS blockchain.