Hello there! We are EOSYS, EOS Block Producer Candidate from Korea.
Isn’t it difficult to find out what’s going on in the EOS ecosystem every day? In order to bring you up-to-date news on the EOS ecosystem, we are bringing you EOSYS NEWS CLIPPING. Let’s take a look at what’s happened between June 1st and June 7th.
-June 1st (Fri)-
- Dan Larimer Telegram Q&A
- Dan Larimer, Amend the constitution of EOS
- Dan Larimer, Non-violence article in the constitution
- EOS Tribe, EOS Dapp ecosystem infographic
-More features are being developed
- Tokenika, Safe off-line voting portal
-Use the EOS command line to vote for BP offline in a secure manner
- OracleChain, Security solution for EOSIO and BP will be developed with Chinese security company 360 security solution
- -OracleChain Signed a strategic alliance with 360 security solutions who discovered a vulnerability in the EOS node remote code execution (5/29)
-Will develop a security solution for EOSIO/BP Node
-An article on the EOS Node Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- EOS Newyork, Command description for block producer vote
- Block.One, SVK Crypto joins as EOS VC fund
-$50 million in new funding to accelerate the growth and development of the EOSIO blockchain ecosystem.
-The same founders Hugh Cochrane and Shane Kehoe are leading. Invest in successful early-stage technology and start-up companies.
- EOSrio, Understand the security of Ghostbusters
-June 2nd (Sat)-
-June 3th (Sun)-
- EOS Argentina, Firestarter Boot & Validation Tool
- -Tool is easily used to boot, take a snapshot and validate the blockchain
- Greymass, Development of Voting Portal
-Our voting tool is a standalone application and is encrypted with AES-256 encryption
-Only available to connect with API node (one that you choose yourself) so that this is a far more secure solution than voting through a website interface
- Dan Larimer, EOSIO 1.01 update with some bug fixes
- EOS Detroit, EOS Launch Guide
-June 4th (Mon)-
- Dan Larimer Telegram Q&A
- -EOS Voter
-Code that the community can use to monitor votes of block producers and vote. And is developed open source(Github)
-By using Scatter, ‘EOS Voter’ never accesses private key
- Cypherglass, “EOS Mainnet launching process infographic
- EOSgravity, 5/27 Xi An Meetup
- EOSeoul, Patroneos Behavior Analysis, Benchmarks, Operations, and Implementation Recommendations
-1) How Patroneos works, 2) Result of benchmark, 3) Implementation and recommendations
-They released their own software that they made simultaneously with the release of EOSIO Dawn 4.2
-Patroneos is from Harry Potter. There is a Creature Dimension that sucks in souls. The magic that defeats the creature is ‘patronus’. Patroneos is named after this magic.
-Deny attacks that have a basic form of Denial of Service, and passes only normal transactions to the EOS RPC API endpoint
-Developed with Go in 2009, a programming language created by Google.
- Bitfinex, EOS Block Producer Voting Tool Released
- Node.One, Snapshot check + EOS Register Unregistered & Public Address Incorrect Input Solution
-Snapshots can be viewed via Korblcok’s EOSPia
-When the snapshot is checked, the registered public key is different because the incorrect input of public key (related content
-If it corresponds to the incorrect input of public key, the fallback key should be used as a solution. How to use this. Scatter Install → Run Scatter → Set Scatter Password and Create New Account → Create ETH Public Key / Private Key Pair → Change from ETH to EOS
-How to use
- Sheos Ben Sigman, Letter to EOS Block Producer Candidates
-There are currently two network verification methods.
EOS Core focuses on security and EOS Bios Boot focuses on automated booting tools. EOS Core launches a verification network for all BP candidates to participate in. During the 48-hour period, BP candidates were asked to conduct a penetration test and to verify it in the community. EOS Bios Boot is also attempting to launch the main chain. As soon as verification is completed, one of them will be the mainnet and the remaining BPs will participate. This should be based on the agreement of BP candidates. During the validation period, all BP candidates should participate in various verification networks to test the network’s infrastructure, speed, and security, and decide which will be the mainnet.
- EOS Canada, A Candidate Chain & Recognizing Community Effort [EOS Launch Update] — Steemit
-Approximately 80 teams participated in the mainnet launch at EOS Canada, and EOS Canada publicly listed their names and gave thanks.
- John Milburn, Some thoughts about the EOS Ghostbusters/Core Architecture
EOSIO’s Nodeos is a new software and there is no way to know what the vulnerabilities are, so Ghostbusters, one of the launching groups, prepared for DDoS attacks that could happen during mainnet launch with VPN using wireguard
-June 5th (Tue)-
- Dan Larimer Telegram Q&A
- Genereos, EOS Toolkit — Account Balance!
-A tool for EOS token holders to check their total account balance and how it is allocated between NET and CPU stake along with the liquid EOS available
- Worker proposal group was released to discuss WPS for EOS ecosystem
-The EOSIO Worker Suggestion System (WPS) discusses the baseline, process, and methodology to reinvest 80% of the EOS token volume generated by inflation into all activities for the EOS ecosystem.
-June 6th (Wed)-
- Larimer Daniel, Thoughts on Perpetual Property Rights
The concept of property rights is engraved in the liberal community and is probably one of the biggest selling points of cryptocurrency.
EOS blockchain community should be careful when enacting the constitution on property rights. Defining too strong a right can lead to lack of flexibility and conflict. On the other hand, people will not feel safe unless we define predictable outcomes. Therefore:
- No one becomes too powerful
- The rules are stable and predictable
- We carefully communicate rules to prevent conflicting expectations
The more clearly defined and predictable the process, the more people feel safe. Communities also need to understand their rights exactly so that conflicts do not arise in the future.
What if we can not find the owner? (In the case of property abandoned due to failure to regain the private key after the owner’s death)
The community has three options
- Allow resources to go to waste
- Risk war when rightful owner returns
- Define property rights as contingent upon active renewal
- Greymass, eos-voter 0.1.1 updates
-0.1.1 Updates: bug fixes, allowing for future upgrades without application resets, Improved local wallet encryption
- Genereos, The EOS Mainnet Launch: Security & Software Testing
- Genereos, EOS mainnet launching security & Software test
-EOS Main Net Launching Group (EMLG) has been constantly striving to ensure safe and smooth launch.
-The official EOS repository has been created and will be reviewed by the community after launching the mainnet.
-The EOS Mainnet launch group identified the exact amount of EOS tokens in 163930 accounts with eight independent snapshot test results.
-June 7th (Thu)-
- Dan Larimer Telegram Q&A
- EOS Newyork, Release schedule: EOS Main Net Launch Meeting
- The final decision on whether or not to launch the mainnet via Go/NoGo voting
June 8th 10:00 — Go/NoGo voting
June 8th 12:00 — ABP selection
June 8th 22:00 — Confirm BPC network and start transections
- Group was launched to audition EOS boarding portal
-The EOS Main Net Lunch Group (“EMLG”) creates an audit group with the goal of creating a “portal approved” community of voting portals in terms of security and fairness. EOS Voting Portal Audit
- Tokenika, Introducing EOSFactory v1.0 with standardized unit testing and Visual Studio Code integration
- -1. Standard unit-testing framework (utilizing the power of Unittest, the standard Python unit test framework)
-2. Support for user-defined workspaces
-3. Support for debugging
-4. Preliminary code verification
-5. Visual Studio Code integration
Creating a new smart-contract in EOSFactory, give an entire VSC project, with support for CMake builds, automated tasks, and IntelliSense features
-6. EOSFactory is automated, it is more convenient than the official EOSIO Tool set.
For example, Compile Smart contract →Create a new testnet→Deploy the contract→Invoke its methods and verify the response→Tear down the testnet→Progress of report the final results can be done in a couple of seconds.
- Ben Sigman, Website that updates the status of mainnet launching in real time
-Voting to decide whether to launch mainnet starts everyday at 10 am(6/7 The result is ‘Not-Go’)
-Voting result is determined as ‘Go’ or ‘Not-Go’
We have been looking at what has happened in the EOS ecosystem and community over the past week. EOSYS will continue to monitor important changes and issues. We are also continuing our efforts to build a healthy and active EOS ecosystem, so please feel free to come to our [EOSYS Telegram] (http://t.me/eosysio) channel and join us in building an ecosystem.
Telegram (EN): https://t.me/EOSYSIO
Telegram (KR): http://t.me/EOSYSIOKR
EOSYS RADAR (EN): https://t.me/eosysradar
EOSYS RADAR (KR): https://t.me/eosysradarkr
EOSYS RADAR (CN): https://t.me/eosysradarcn