EQT Ventures is looking for a Tech Lead
…to continue building the future of VC at EQT Ventures, starting Fall 2022 in our Stockholm office.
Tech Lead, Stockholm
We are looking to add a Tech Lead to our Ventures team in Stockholm. Since its inception, the Ventures investment team has seeded many ideas about how to be a modern VC, including the idea of Motherbrain👇🏻 itself!. You’ll continue this important work, building prototypes, scrappy products and doing data experiments, alongside Ventures deal teams, and the Motherbrain development team. You will:
- Understand and constantly learn about the investment process, in order to better automate, improve, and re-invent it
- Design and build scrappy products, prototypes and POCs
- Use and expand on proprietary and 3rd party data and models
- Conduct data analyses with an eye for what kind of insights and information would drive high-quality decision making
- Collaborate with the rest of the EQT Ventures team to bring ideas to life
- Collaborate with with the Motherbrain team, to leverage insights, best practices, and to share POCs
- Work independently and collaboratively. The process can be ambiguous at times, is usually fun, and is always evolving
EQT Ventures is a multi-stage fund supporting the boldest founders on their journeys to global success, made up of a team looking to make a positive impact in everything we do. Founded six years ago in Stockholm, we’ve spread out to offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin. In addition to our investment team, who are former founders and operators, we have a deep bench of operational talent in marketing, engineering, design, data science, finance and scaling to support entrepreneurs. At the same time, we’re disrupting the very industry we work in: we’ve built an internal machine learning platform called Motherbrain to scout the world for great startups.
We are one of the largest VC firms in Europe with €1.2bn AUM, investing from Seed to Series B. We have made investments into over 100 companies — adding 28 new ones to our portfolio in 2021 alone. We are immensely proud of the companies we work with including Wolt, Netlify, Einride, Candela, Moralis, Codesandbox, or Nothing to name a few, and are constantly looking for new ways to support them.
In order for EQT Ventures to be the world’s most data-driven VC out there, we have our most (artificially) intelligent colleague to support us — Motherbrain. Motherbrain is EQT’s data driven investment platform, developed fully in-house and is made up of fullstack and ML engineers, data scientists, UX designers, etc. Motherbrain is used by the EQT Ventures team on a daily basis making us better, faster, more objective and consistent investors. By constantly looking for patterns across millions of data points and learning from our own footprints, Motherbrain is constantly improving. So far, Motherbrain has played a critical role in source fifteen investments, totalling over EUR 250m invested capital.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate is a curious, fast learner who has probably been part of a startup journey already. No education requirements, but you are versed in and love to stay on top of modern developer tooling and trends. You are an analytical person who loves tech and new ideas, and you have a passion for solving problems with commercial instincts. You are data literate, you like speed 💨, and frankly just want to get things done.
Desired skills and experiences
- Passion and creativity: you love to follow the latest trends in the ecosystem of tech, data & AI and usually play around with new technology and tools
- Strong analytical skills: you’re good at analysing, modelling, visualising and drawing conclusions from data. You certainly don’t have to be a data scientist (but it doesn’t hurt if you could moonlight as one)
- Entrepreneurial: you are a self-starter and have a strong drive to create value. You have shown that through starting your own business or joining a startup in the very early stages. You’re comfortable both building small-scale scrappy products used by users sitting next to you, as well as larger products that get used by hundreds to thousands of users daily
How to apply
- Apply by filling in this form
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Deadline: ASAP
Anton, Ashley, Mats-Olov, Sandra, Sai, Lars and the rest of the EQT Ventures team are looking forward to your application!