Venture Analyst, Berlin
Venture Analyst (full-time), Berlin.
We’re EQT Ventures, a global VC built to partner and support the next generation of global winners across every stage (early seed to explosive growth). Built by former founders and operators, we’re a distributed team following a “local with locals” approach with teams in Stockholm, London, SF, Berlin, Amsterdam and Paris.
In addition to our investment team, we have a deep bench of operational partners experienced in data science, product, talent, scaling and internationalisation. At the same time, we’re disrupting the very industry we work in: we’ve built an internal machine learning platform called Motherbrain to scour the world for great startups before anyone knows about them.
Our team is now expanding with a Venture Analyst (full-time) position based in Berlin.
You will be an important member of the team that sources and evaluates new investment opportunities as well as automates our processes. A successful Venture Analyst enables the deal team to make high quality decisions based on insights and facts. In order to thrive in this mission, we’re looking for someone passionate about the technology and the startup scene, either demonstrated through your career history or by your deep involvement with the startup ecosystem outside of your job.
One liner: Scout top-tier entrepreneurs, support investment processes and provide market insights rooted in data.
As an Analyst you will…
1. Support the deal team in producing investment committee materials by building presentations & financial models.
2. Research companies and sub-sectors into digestible insights to give the larger EQT Ventures team a thorough understanding of an industry and a company before making an investment decision.
3. Develop financial business models as a basis for Deal Team decision-making with concrete recommendations for action.
4. Be a champion of data-driven sourcing: leverage EQT Ventures’ Motherbrain platform to find and figure out which start-ups today will become the global winners of tomorrow.
5. Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the whole team on ad-hoc projects.
What we’re looking for is…
1. No education requirement — some of our partners are self-taught and university dropouts.
2. We value work experience from tech-startups, consulting and/or similar.
3. Analytical skills — you’re really good at analyzing, modeling, visualizing and making conclusions from large amounts of data.
4. Research skills — ability to find and evaluate competitors to a potential investment, research more broad industry trends, develop hypothesis on how specific problems might be solved in the future by one or several companies.
5. Communication skills — ability to effectively communicate findings and conclusions to the rest of the EQT Ventures team, both verbally and in writing.
An added bonus if you have an affinity for number crunching, or have had exposure to basic programming or BI work involving larger datasets.
You’ll enjoy this role if you
1. Are passionate about new technologies, exploring business models and ways to create sustainable value.
2. Are a self-starter with a “can do” attitude and strong independent work ethic.
3. Have strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
4. Enjoy the process of learning and information seeking to find the signal from all the noise.
4. Are as comfortable with high people contact, as you are data crunching a data room.
5. Enjoy working collaboratively with teams in different geographies.
6. Thrive in fast-paced and challenging environments.
Update | May 2022
We’ve put this role on a short hold until further notice. We’ll be opening applications again in a few weeks. Please feel free to get in touch with email@example.com for any role related questions in the meantime. We’re excited to get to know you soon.