Professor Elwood Watson Named Co-Editor of Esteemed Academic Journal
Joins the Current Research Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities
BHOPAL, India — The Current Research Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities (the journal) has announced the selection of Elwood Watson, Ph.D. as the new co-editor in chief. The journal is a distinguished international publication comprised of editors and contributors from dozens of major colleges and universities worldwide.
Dr. Watson teaches African American Studies, Gender Studies, Popular Culture, and Post-World War II U.S. History at East Tennessee State University, where he has worked as a professor in the department of history for 20 years. He is a prolific writer, author, speaker, and cultural critic on leading social justice issues of race and gender equality, as well as diversity and inclusion in academia.
- “We are very pleased to welcome Dr. Elwood Watson to this critically important position,” the journal’s editorial board said in a statement.
“Dr. Watson’s exemplary academic and editorial credentials, buttressed by his extensive research experience, will help the journal to reach new heights.” — The Journal
Professor Watson noted:
- “I’m honored to be part of such a prestigious academic publication which I have read and admired for years.”
- “I look forward to working closely with my fellow editors to review, select and publish comprehensive research and cutting-edge analysis from diverse contributors around the world.”
Dr. Watson’s latest book is Keepin’ It Real: Essays on Race in Contemporary America (University of Chicago Press).
His other books and edited collections include:
- Outsiders Within: Black Women in the Legal Academy After Brown v Board (Roman & Littlefield, 2008)
- Violence Against Black Bodies: An Intersectional Analysis of How Black Lives Continue to Matter (Routledge Press, 2017)
- Beginning a Career in Academia: A Guide For Graduate Students of Color (Routledge Press, 2015)
- HBO Girls: The Awkward Politics of Gender, Race and Privilege (Rowman & Littlefield, 2015)
- Generation X Professors Speak: Voices from Academia (Scarecrow Press, 2013).
- His forthcoming book, Talkin’ to You Bro! Real Challenges Men Face in the 21st Century (Lasting Impact Press) will be released soon.
Watson, a former contributor to HuffPost, has also written op-eds in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Seattle Times, The Boston Globe, The Philadelphia Inquirer, US News & World Report, Diverse Education, and countless other news outlets in addition to Medium.
The Current Research Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities considers original research articles, review articles, and brief communications showcasing the advances made in many different areas of social sciences and humanities.
The latest issue features the following articles:
We would like to thanks our eminent editors and reviewers for their contribution in maintaining the quality of the…
- Racial and Gender Differences in Extramarital Sex in the United States;
- The Socioeconomic History of Migrant Settlements in Glasgow (Scotland);
- Globalization as a Trigger for Emerging New Diseases;
- Pitfalls of Nationalism in the Middle East and North Africa Region;
- Social Predictors of Food Insecurity;
- Women Empowerment to Boost Gender Equality in Malaysia; and
- Threats and Possibilities of Tourism Development in Ethiopia.
In addition to East Tennessee State University, where Dr. Watson teaches, the journal’s USA-based editors represent Louisiana State University, Texas Tech University, and Michigan State University. Other editors are based at University College London (United Kingdom), Yarmouk University (Jordan), Jawaharlal Nehru University (New Delhi, India), Gulf University for Science and Technology (Kuwait), and Namik Kemal University (Turkey).
The journal’s advisory board members, assistant editors and contributors are located at academic institutions across the globe, including Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia, Ethiopia, Greece, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Sri Lanka, and the United Arab Emirates, among other countries.
The journal is a bi-annual, open access, double-blind peer-reviewed publication which follows ethical publishing policies defined by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA).
All journal articles are freely available to researchers worldwide, and can be found via the internationally-recognized open access repositories Google Scholar and Crossref. The journal’s membership and affiliate organizations are Publons, CrossRef, and Portico (where it is digitally archived).