What I would recommend instead of Angular.js?
Update: Check github.com/steida/este, the ES6 React Flux webpack gulp om-like isomorphic immutable k̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶n̶s̶i̶n̶k̶ t̶w̶e̶e̶t̶y̶b̶i̶r̶d̶s̶ dev stack. Future now.
- For view aka user interface, use React.js.
- For routing, use github.com/rackt/react-router, or Este.js, or anything else even onhashchange event can work. It’s up to you.
- For module loading, forget about AMD and use CommonJS. You want to leverage thousands of modules in the biggest ecosystem (npm), right? So choose webpack.github.io, browserify.org, duojs.org, or Closure Library.
- For model, use plain JSON or Backbone if you like it, or github.com/facebook/immutable-js, or anything else from React complementary tools.
- For “controller”, or better to say for structuring your app and handling data flow, use Facebook Flux. Or anything else, if your app is very simple or very specific.
- For Promises, string utilities, and everything else, use npmjs.org or bower.io. Use Bower for stuff which can not be loaded by npm.
- And for dev stack, to orchestrate all that stuff, use gulpjs.com.
As you can see, to develop the state of the art web application right now, you don’t need Angular nor jQuery.
Update 1: In case you are curious what Este.js is. It’s my development stack build with tools I’m using for a long time. My goal is: As little of my own code as possible to limit bus factor. I prefer well known battle tested libraries mixed with the best design patterns I know.