Become an EIP Editor
Ethereum is looking for new EIP Editors to moderate the EIP repo
Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs) are how Ethereum upgrades itself. EIP Editors have extra permissions on the EIP repository in exchange for extra responsibilities within the Ethereum community.
Responsibilities as an EIP Editor include:
- Making sure EIPs are well-formatted and technically complete.
- Working with authors to get new EIPs into the repo.
- Ensure EIPs submitted are related to Ethereum.
- Merge EIPs the auto-merger bot misses.
Ethereum is looking for some new EIP Editors.
What is a good requirement for someone to become an EIP editor?
- Understands Ethereum at least at an intermediate level.
- Understands the difference between a Standard and a good idea.
- Understands what content is appropriate in a Standard.
- Understands GitHub.
- A good communicator.
- Able to handle contentious discourse in a good manner.
The time commitment may vary from 0–5 hours per week.
If you feel you fit the role, and would like to become an editor, please reach out to the Ethereum Cat Herders.