“Every major technological step forward has profoundly changed human society — that’s how we know they’re major, even if we don’t always realize it at the time. Farming created cities. Writing, followed eventually by printing, vastly increased the preservation and transmission of cultural information across time and space. — Tad Williams”
Welcome to Ethereum Cat Herders Update!
- Ethereum Foundation and Co-Funded Grants
- The on-chain Devcon ticket auction has started at http://ethercards.devcon.org
Auction: Aug 27 17:00 — Aug 29 17:00 GMT
Reveal: Aug 29 17:01 — Sep 02 17:00 GMT
- Hardfork Meta — Istanbul: EIP 1679
- Clients implemented to be finished for all EIPs for Istanbul by 6th September 2019.
- Block number for testnet will be decided in ACD #70 on 6th September 2019.
- Mainnet HF will be delayed, date not decided yet.
- EIP 1884 is being discussed on ACD gitter and Fellowship of Ethereum Magician. Please participate in the discussion in case of concerns with this EIP.
- Another discussion around migration from Ropsten testnet and have a new test network for next upgrade.
- Client status can be tracked here.
Enterprise Ethereum Alliance mainnet initiatives
Ron Resnick, Executive Director and Paul DiMarzio, Director of Community at Enterprise Ethereum Alliance joined ECH meeting #18 to share about EEA mainnet initiative.
Together we hope to achieve:
- to improve interaction with Ethereum developers and Ethereum community,
- to learn about the challenges faced by developers or enterprise while building something on top of Ethereum
- to focus on availability of software solutions by developers for enterprise
- to benefit Ethereum community, members of EEA org and Ethereum foundation.
EEA is aiming for an open forum to be hosted at Devcon 5 to share the roadmap of how they could better serve the Ethereum mainnet initiatives. A working group announcement will be followed.
We value your feedback and recommendation for the better communication in the ecosystem. Please join us at gitter
- Technical Director at EEA
Ethereum Cat Herders Meeting
- Agenda #18
- Ethereum Cat Herders meeting #19 is proposed on Tuesday, 10 September 2019 14:00 UTC. Agenda
Ethereum All Core Dev call
Note: Going forward Ethereum All Core Dev calls will be at 1400 UTC. Please step up and communicate in next ACD in case of strong disagreement.
Ethereum 2.0 Call
Community support required to close Constantinople postmortem action items here.
Support Ethereum All Core Devs community project management here.
Note: All articles / blogs mentioned here are not necessarily published by Cat Herders. It may be just related to ongoing discussion topics.