“Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” — Chris Grosser
Welcome to Ethereum Cat Herders Update!
- Final Audit Reports for both the hardware and software audits for ProgPoW have been released. Read ECH blog on “ProgPoW Audits Released”.
- ProgPoWSoftware Audit PDF by Least Authority
- ProgPoW Hardware Audit PDF by Bob Rao
- Audit report appears to be in favor of implementing ProgPOW with limited concerns.
- Proposals and audit reports can also be found in our GitHub repository.
Thank you @hudsonjameson, @CharlieStLouis and others for making this happen.
Hardfork Meta — Istanbul: EIP 1679
- EIP 1884 is still in discussion
- Suggested 1884 issue solution (stipend context)
- A blog on EIP 1884 by Jeff Benson — Istanbul hard fork may lead to broken Ethereum contracts
- Block# for testnet is yet to be calculated.
- Clients implementation for all accepted EIPs are completed. Aleth has 1 open (EIP 2200) at the time of report.
- Clients implementation can be tracked here.
- ECH , FEM and EEA are coordinationg to add value to Devcon session.
- Notes from Coordination call for Magicians activities during Devcon
- Please join the Telegram Group if you’re willing to help https://t.me/joinchat/HkTetRP98L9PAowB9y4w_w
Ethereum Cat Herders Meeting
- Agenda #19
- Notes #18
- Next Ethereum Cat Herders Meeting is proposed on Tuesday, 24 September 2019 at 14:00 UTC. Agenda
All Core Dev call
Note: Going forward Ethereum All Core Dev calls will be at 1400 UTC.
Support Ethereum Cat Herders funding
Ethereum Cat Herders are looking for support to keep up with note taking and other activities to support Ethereum Project Management.
- @TimBeiko drafted an ECH Note Taking Funding Moloch Proposal and @evabeylin have submitted on behalf of @EthCatHerders.
- It requests for Moloch & the EF to go 50/50 on funding note taking efforts for AllCoreDevs calls for next 1 year.
- Voting ends in 2 days. Please vote NOW !!!
- The Cat Herders are an early adopter of Aragon!
- A one-time donation of 600 DAI is proposed by Aragon Funding proposal: Donation to the Ethereum Cat Herders
- Voting is yet to be conducted.
Thank you @TimBeiko for helping with the proposals.
You can also support Ethereum All Core Devs community project management here.
DAO app via Aragon
@chrishobcroft shared a sneak preview of the @UniswapExchange App deployed in a DAO. The DAO have ability to install applications to allow it to:
- do ETH to Token swaps on Uniswap (e.g. ETH to DAI and DAI to ETH)
- lend Tokens on Compund (and earn interest).
Discussion initiated with a tweet by Ameen Soleimani, Summoner of @MolochDAO for Ethereum marketing across organizations.
I, personally think this is very interesting initiative to promote Ethereum. Being associated with media and publishing, I’ve seen various promotion of individual projects that are developed on top of Ethereum blockchain (DApp). I think, it’s important to show bigger picture of decentralized economy to common people and help them understand the ease of working, with other benefits of projects on Ethereum. Please share your thoughts on it.
Note: All articles / blogs mentioned here are not necessarily published by Cat Herders. It may be just related to ongoing discussion topics.
Follow Ethereum Cat Herders at: