Welcome to Ethereum Cat Herders Update!
Introducing our vision: ECH as “Ethereum Support Desk”
Since the beginning of 2019, Ethereum Cat Herders have been supporting Ethereum devs with non-dev coordination and operational activities. We started with the Constantinople2 upgrade, ProgPOW community signaling & funds collection and Istanbul coordination. Currently, the Cat Herders take care of notes for All Core Devs meetings and Ethereum 2.0 meetings. Now, that we’re growing in numbers, we are looking into further offloading core developers’ non-technical coordination.
In continuation of the discussion with the Ethereum Foundation about how to grow ECH to be a bigger part of the Ethereum ecosystem, Ken from the EF joined us in bi-weekly call and discussed finding a better way for people throughout the community to use ECH as the “Ethereum Support Desk”. If you’ve got a suggestion, share it with us at ECH Gitter.
Thank you, Ken, for extending EF support!
Ethereum upcoming upgrades
James Hancock is the new HF coordinator for Ethereum upgrades.
- Ethereum Istanbul Upgrade Countdown can be tracked here.
- Istanbul Meta: EIP 1679
- Clients’ implementation tracker.
- Tentatively Accepted EIPs for Berlin will be discussed in the next ACD. If you are a champion for one of them, please show up on the call, or leave a comment on the agenda.
- The champion needed for EIP-1702 (account versioning) or may be withdrawn from Berlin.
Stay tuned for the upcoming ACD meeting to get more updates on November 1 at 14:00UTC.
- All Devcon5 main-stage presentations are now online!
- Ethereum Roadmap 2020 Devcon5 Video and notes
- Ethereum Magicians sessions recap from Devcon5
Some of the Cat Herders talks
- Eth1.x (starting at 1:49:00) talk by Hudson Jameson
- Challenges in Decentralized Projects Governance by Lane Rettig, Ameen Soleimani, Jae Kwon, Kevin Owocki, William Mougayar
- Trains, Planes and Network Upgrades: A Regular Release Cadence for Ethereum 1.x by Tim Beiko and Danno Ferrin. Discussion thread at EthMagician.
- Standards in Ethereum: A breakout session about the current mechanisms and processes standardizing the way the world interacts and improves Ethereum by Charles St.Louis, Chaals Neville, Dan Burnett, Nick Johnson, and Jory Burson.
Ethereum 2.0 Update
- After Devcon, eth2 quick update by Danny Ryan.
Ethereum Cat Herders
- Agenda #21
- Next meeting is proposed on Tuesday, 11 November 2019 at 1400 UTC.
Ethereum All Core Dev
- Agenda 73
- The next All Core Dev call #74 is proposed on Friday 1st November 2019 at 14:00 UTC. Agenda
Support Ethereum Cat Herders funding
We received Moloch WETH. Thank you @MolochDAO
Share yours ❤️ with Ethereum community project management a.k.a Ethereum Cat Herders here.
Grant accepts Any Token at 0x68085e7f88e90fa9247489c83fab30b177ebccb3
Note: All articles/blogs mentioned here are not necessarily published by Cat Herders. It may be just related to ongoing discussion topics.
Share your questions, comments, and suggestions with me on Twitter. Thank you for reading 🙏.