Hello everyone! I am back with updates of Ethereum Cat Herders (ECH) over the week. Before we get started with the updates, I would like to take a moment to thanks all for tremendous response to Update #1. Starting with the reason for birth of this group, Ethereum Cat Herders is a group of experienced project managers which are brought in, to offload the core developers Project Management work and they can continue with their development work. With the growth of Ethereum blockchain, not only project development has grown but a lot of co-ordination and project management work also requires attention to avoid chaos. That’s where ‘The Ethereum Cat Herders’ chip in. Group is still exploring scope but at present, ECH is the “PM group” and not the “PR Group” for Ethereum blockchain. However, defining scope is still a work in progress, that may or may not include “PR” in future. In either case, Ethereum is decentralized but not disorganized.
Code of Conduct
Those who are following us on Gitter might have witnessed a small disturbance over a moderation issue on a Reddit post. An aggravated user showed up with abusive and inappropriate behavior, and hence banned (thanks @jpitts) from AllCoreDevs and EthCatHerders channel. Gitter channels are meant to have constructive discussion and share feedback, please maintain the sanctity. Here is the Code of conduct guideline (thanks @CPSTL). It applies to all ECH community/social channels
As per my understanding, every individual is contributing in its best way to take Ethereum community forward. We should respect their hard-work, and stand by them at times of “alien attack”. That’s what community is for.
Ethereum Cat Herders Meeting #5
Next meeting is Proposed on Tuesday, February 19th, 2019; time is 14:00 GMT. Agenda
Ethereum All Core Dev Meeting #55 [2019–02–15]
Next meeting is Proposed on Friday, March 1st, 2019; time is 14:00 GMT.
· Carbon voting website is launched (thanks @lrettig),please vote. There is a Reddit thread for “All you need to know about ProgPoW Votings”. There is also an interesting article “The Miners Benchmark ProgPoW” on medium.
· A company is found to do a series of benchmark testing. This benchmarking will be some unbiased scientific marking on the cards to make sure that ProgPOW works similar across all cards.
· We are looking for a company that can provide estimate about time and budget for ProgPOW to be created, etc. If you know someone interested in this, contact @hudsonjameson. Hopefully, someone will be found soon and audit will be completed as soon as possible.
· ProgPoW Twitter voting result.
Preparation for Constantinople 2.0
· Communication document for Hard Forks and related activities are in place (thanks @WSCH).
· More discussion in coming Cat Herders meeting.
Subcommittee on Hard Fork Planning and EIPs
Afri gathering volunteers. Start in 2 to 4 weeks once Constantinople settles. If you want to work on the roadmap and hardfork coordination, please communicate with the Herders here.
You may also support all Core Dev community project management through Gitcoin Grants.
Thank you for reading and sharing your feedback.