This is an email from Ethereum Cat Herders Update, a newsletter by Ethereum Cat Herders.
Eth2 genesis on Dec 01, deposit contract live, 1559 multi-client PoW testnet, Eth1.0 YOLO & Berlin update, Peep an EIP-2718, Account Abstraction community call, and more.
Welcome to another edition of the Ethereum Cat Herders community update to bring you up to speed since the last update.
Ethereum All Core Developers’ meeting
- YOLO progress can be tracked here.
- Besu is syncing to the YOLO v2 network, ran the current EIPs against the existing reference tests. No work started on v3 yet.
- Geth is also syncing to YOLO v2, have regenerated the consensus tests with the name “Berlin”. For v3, they have an open PR for EIP-2718 and 2930. They’ve merged a PR for EIP-2565.
- Nethermind is expected to join the YOLO testnet soon. Have made good progress on EIP-1559 and EIPs for YOLOv2.
- OpenEthereum announced its participation in the YOLO v3 testnet.
- YOLO v3 can be launched in 2–4 weeks, will be re-estimated on the next call.
- BLS EIPs — Eth2 genesis deposit doesn’t need BLS EIPs. BLS will be required for verification in a later stage.
- EIP-2938: Account Abstraction — Ready for ‘Consider for Inclusion’, a decision will be made in the next ACD meeting.
- EIP-2666: Precompiles and Keccak256 repricing — Shamatar proposed to consider this for YOLOv3. Discussion to be continued in the next meeting.
- ACD meeting#99: agenda, video, notes.
Eth1.0 Clients update
- Genesis date announced: Dec 01, 2020
- Deposit contract launch —
0x00000000219ab540356cBB839Cbe05303d7705Fa, renewed the domain until 2150.
- Launchpad is up!
- How to Access the ETH2 Deposit Contract with ENS: depositcontract.eth
- eth2 quick update no. 19 by Danny Ryan.
- Eth2.0 v1.0spec — https://github.com/ethereum/eth2.0-specs/releases/tag/v1.0.0
- Why Proof of Stake (Nov 2020) by Vitalik Buterin
- Possible genesis scenario
- What’s New in Eth2–31 October 2020
- Vitalik’s deposit 32k ETH
- Eth2.0 implementers meeting # 51 agenda, video, Ben’s notes, Cat Herder’s notes.
- The next meeting is scheduled for Nov 12, 2020 at 1400 UTC. Agenda.
Eth2.0 Clients’s update
1559 Implementers meeting
- The State of 1559 — Update 003 by Tim Beiko
- 1559 Implementers’ meeting #6: Agenda, video.
- The implementers' group agreed to try and fork mainnet to have a multi-client PoW testnet.
- There is a public block explorer for the 1559 testnet, as well as an ethstats page which shows the participating nodes.
- Besu team has tested its PoW implementation of 1559 on a Besu-only testnet, and found no issues.
- The Besu team has been building tools to make it easier for people to interact with the current 1559 testnet.
- EIP-1559 Transaction Pool Management
- The floating escalator: Combining 1559 and the escalator by Barnabe M.
- A Tale of Two Pricing Schemes by Micah Zoltu
- The project outreach for EIP-1559 is in progress. Wallets and exchanges are the primary targets for this outreach.
- If you’re from an exchange, wallet, mining pools, project on Ethereum chain or infrastructure providers, and have questions on the proposal, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to schedule a meeting today.
- If you haven’t responded to the questionnaire yet, consider responding now!
EIPIP working group
- Cat Herders will publish a blog on the new Network upgrade process.
- EIPIP meeting#20: agenda, video, notes.
- The next EIPIP meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at 15:00 UTC. Agenda.
- Cat Herders are planning a community call for Account Abstraction. Stay tuned for more information!
- Ethereum L2 Future by Ethereum Magicians on 13th November
- ChainSafe CS- CON — Dec 02–04, 2020
Ethereum Cat Herders
Peep an EIP
- EIP-2938: Account Abstraction with Sam W. & Ansgar D.
- EIP-2982: Serenity Phase 0 with Danny Rayn
- EIP-778: Ethereum Node Records (ENR) with Felix Lange
- Follow EIP scheduled at ECH GitHub. If you have any questions related to a proposal, or you want to join a talk with the author, reach me on Twitter.
Support the Ethereum Cat Herders
- Share yours ❤️ with the Cat Herders at Gitcoin. We accept all tokens!
- Join the decentralized project management team by submitting the ECH onboarding form and at ECH Discord.
- Follow the Ethereum Cat Herders at Website, GitHub, Twitter, Medium, and YouTube.
Share your question, comments, and suggestions with me on Twitter. Thank you for reading 🙏.
— The Ethereum Cat Herders