How to develop unstoppable dApps on Swarm
Workshop by Fair Data Society at the Swarm Beta Online event on 28th September at 13:30 CEST
Date & duration of the workshop
- Start: 28th September 2020 at 13:30 (CEST)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Reserve your seat at the workshop: https://swarm-gateways.net/bzz:/beta.swarm.eth/
Join us in discussing the latest in decentralized storage. We will present previews on upcoming software (fds.js, fairOS, fairdrive) and discuss solutions towards the fair data economy. All in all, it will be a fun, warm and exciting event, reminding us the value of friendship.
This event has a hard limit of 20 people. Please RSVP before Sept 26th so we can invite others if you can’t be there :)
Who is this workshop for
This workshop is suitable for anybody who is interested in Swarm, dApp development on Swarm and how we build a fair data society. The workshop will highlight how to start creating your unstoppable dApp on Swarm by leveraging various building blocks developed through ecosystem collaboration — from ethics to libraries and personal data stores. The actual coding part is doable for anybody even with limited knowledge of the command line and web development.
What you’ll learn
This workshop is the first one of Fair data society’s upcoming series of workshops for dApp developers, designers, thinkers and curious minds. The workshop will start with basics (introduction to the Bee client and how to run it) and then move towards giving a hands-on presentation of upgraded fds.js and new projects Fairdrive and FairOS which all enable fast development of ethical and human-centric dApps on Swarm.
At the end of the workshop series, a hackathon will be organized where you will be able to use this knowledge and show off with your swarming skills. More info on the workshop series and the hackathon will be announced soon after the Swarm Beta event.
- Understand why decentralized storage is important
- How to install and run a Bee node
- How to upload an unstoppable website to Swarm
- How to create a dApp on Swarm (using fds.js)
- What is FairOS, distributed file system on Swarm
- What is Fairdrive and how to use it
- How can you become part of the ecosystem
- What are ethical guidelines for a fair data society and how you can be part of the discussion
Because the workshop will be highly interactive and discussion is most welcome, attendance is limited to 20. Workshop will contain a bit of theory (with a twist of philosophy), first-time presentations of new projects (Fairdrive, FairOS) and a bit practice to set it up for yourself. Moreover, the workshop should provide insight how we could through collaboration, as ecosystem, unlock fair data economy. In practical terms, by the end of the workshop you should get a clear idea what main differences are between web app and ethical, fair data dApp, and how to start quickly building it on Swarm.
- Dan >> fds.js
- Michelle >> Fairdrive
- Zahoor >> FairOS
- Gregor >> ethical guidelines
This workshop is hosted by Fair Data Society
Join our community
- The Swarm team is reachable on Mattermost.
- Meet us at the biweekly Swarm Open Hours on every second Thursday at 1700 CET. Join link: meet.jit.si/WeAreAllSwarm
- Join the Swarm Orange Lounge on Telegram!
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Discussions about Swarm on /r/ethswarm and /r/ethereum subreddits.
- Please feel free to reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swarm up your inbox with our monthly newsletter! Subscribe here.