Swarm’s Bzzaar is about to open. Update your nodes asap.
Swarm is about to take a giant step closer to the mainnet release by deploying a new release of Swarm. The upcoming release (estimated Tuesday, 9 February, 09:00 CET) includes, among others, an integration with Bzzaar (on Goerli).
Bzzaar replaces the faucet and is the place where you can purchase gBZZ with gETH or gDAI. If you are a node operator, you should update your node as soon as the new release is out. The faster the majority of nodes are updated, the quicker the network will recover. Please read on to understand why, and what you can expect as a user or node operator.
New testnet token — Update your node(s) asap!
With the new release, some crucial changes will be made. The most important thing to understand is that the brand new Bzzaar requires a new testnet token. Since Bee nodes can only accept one token, this will have some consequences:
- The new nodes won’t connect to the old nodes and vice versa. This also means that data won’t be available unless the majority of the nodes are updated.
- When you update your node, the data on your node automatically becomes available to the network.
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that everybody will update their nodes. Therefore, it is advised to do a backup of any important data.
Other exciting new features
Tech support channel
If you encounter any problems during the update, or if you need guidance, please join our official Bee Support channel on Telegram. This community of users, developers, and node operators is more than happy to help out.
Enjoy the new release.
Join our community
- The Swarm team is reachable on Discord. All tech-support and other channels moved there. Please join us on Discord!
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Discussions about Swarm on /r/ethswarm and /r/ethereum subreddits.
- Please feel free to reach out via email@example.com
- Swarm up your inbox with our monthly newsletter! Subscribe here.