Following the intense work done in June that was presented in the form of the Swarm Alpha event, the Swarm team continues to work towards the Beta release which is due on Sepember 28th. Below is the monthly development update where you can see the work that is being done. Pro hint: don’t miss the events section at the end ;)
The core team started preparing working on the beta release just after the alpha was released at the end of June. New features are in the process of implementation, moving some of them from the swarm project and also improving what was done earlier.
- Added initial manifests implementations to support directories uploading, manifest traversal, json manifest, and binary manifest is under active development.
- Global pinning development is started and still ongoing with PSS, chunk repair.
- Added initial Trojan Chunk support.
- Added SOC validator.
- Implemented runtime configuration for P2P Welcome message.
- Added various improvements on libp2p stream closing and resetting between peers in almost all swarm protocols.
- Added initial accounting for retrieval.
- Added accounting debug api for balances.
- Implemented settlement protocol.
Released new version of Bee Helm Chart (latest v0.5.1) with following improvements:
- consistency in cli boolean flags, to match the changes in Bee
Released new version of Beekeeper (v0.2.13) with new integration tests into Beekeeper:
- Local pining
- Dynamic retrieval
- Bonding curve math, numerical stability, gas-efficient algorithmization
- Token contract architecture specification
- Revoking access (aka deletion) in Swarm — paper in preparation
- The first Swarm Grants applications are now closed. We received 21 applications, results will be known in the beginning of September.
Join our community
- The Swarm team is reachable on Mattermost.
- Meet us at the biweekly Swarm Open Hours on every second Thursday at 1700 CET. Join link: meet.jit.si/WeAreAllSwarm
- Join the Swarm Orange Lounge on Telegram!
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Discussions about Swarm on /r/ethswarm and /r/ethereum subreddits.
- Please feel free to reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swarm up your inbox with our monthly newsletter! Subscribe here.