Swarm Beta Release — Come together on 28th September
Swarm is heading towards its 1.0 release. On 28th September we mark another milestone: the release of Swarm Beta. If your interest is spiked when hearing about self-sovereign data, running web3 nodes, the world computer and safeguarding privacy, you should be there. Moreover — you want to be first in line as registrants will receive the Swarm Beta NFT token which will enable special features in the near future. Don’t say we didn’t tell you ;)
What to expect
TL;DR: A lot.
The hero of Swarm’s event is Bee Beta client. This all-new version of the Bee Summer Edition will add features that enable a network that can be used for more than development.
This release contains the features needed to start building on the first use cases of the world computer. To name just a few: first persistence mechanism, global pinning, and linking to ENS.
There might be a special announcement for node operators (insert dramatic orchestral chord).
Web3 is about collaboration and interoperability, themes this event will focus on. Expect to hear about the ecosystem efforts and developer support Swarm is energizing. There will be cool forkable demo’s showing off what’s currently possible on Swarm. Also, there will be a new announcement on grants.
This Swarm event will last for a whole day, so make sure to plan your coffee and lunch break. The event kicks off with 2 workshops:
- 1st workshop starts at 11:00 CET. In it, you will learn the basic Swarm protocols, how to install and run a node and publish your first unstoppable website. RSVP for the workshop here.
- The 2nd workshop starts at 13:30 CET and will teach you How To Develop Unstoppable dApps on Swarm. RSVP for this workshop here.
At the event, you will hear speakers talking about the ecosystem, Swarm partnerships, privacy, and development. The event will be spiced with clues and codes. They will unlock hidden doors leading to new realities in the not so distant future..
Register for the Swarm Beta launch event by RSVP’ing here, and make sure to include your ETH address to receive the NFT token.
Join our community
- The Swarm team is reachable on Mattermost.
- Meet us at the biweekly Swarm Open Hours on every second Thursday at 1700 CET. Join link: meet.jit.si/WeAreAllSwarm
- Join the Swarm Orange Lounge on Telegram!
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Discussions about Swarm on /r/ethswarm and /r/ethereum subreddits.
- Please feel free to reach out via email@example.com
- Swarm up your inbox with our monthly newsletter! Subscribe here.