Swarm Fundamentals — Workshop on 28th Sept at 11:00 CEST
As part of the Swarm Beta release online event we are organizing a workshop focusing on Swarm and the Bee client.
Date & duration of the workshop
- Start: 28th September 2020 at 11:00 (CEST)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Reserve your seat at the workshop: https://swarm-gateways.net/bzz:/beta.swarm.eth/
Who is this workshop for
This workshop is suitable for anybody who is interested in Swarm. The workshop will highlight both the visionary and the technical aspects of Swarm. The actual coding part is doable for anybody even with limited knowledge of the command line.
What you’ll learn
This workshop is the first one of Swarm’s upcoming series of workshops. At these events Swarm team members will walk you through everything you need to know about Swarm, the Bee client and how to work with it. At the end of the workshop series, a hackathon will be organized where you will be able to use this knowledge and show off with your swarming skills. More info on the workshop series and the hackathon will be announced soon after the Swarm Beta event.
- Understand why decentralized storage is important
- Understand how individual nodes work together to form a Swarm network
- How to install and run a Bee node
- How to upload an unstoppable website to Swarm
The workshop will be highly interactive. It contains a combination of theory and practice, where the practical sessions will involve assignments to be completed by the participants.
- Why is distributed storage important
- What is Swarm
- What is different with respect to developing on Web 2.0
Swarm core protocols (the Distributed Immutable Store of Chunks)
- Push sync
- Pull sync
How to interact with the Swarm network, using your own Bee node
- Launch your node
- Upload and download a simple file
- Create an unstoppable website
- Rinke Hendriksen — Swarm Product Owner
- Janoš Guljas — Swarm Technical Lead
Join us on 28th September at 11:00 CEST to learn more about the Secret World of Acronyms Riddles and Mnemonics!
Joining info and event links will be sent to you via email a few days before the event.
Join our community
- The Swarm team is reachable on Discord. All tech-support and other channels moved there. Please join us on Discord!
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Discussions about Swarm on /r/ethswarm and /r/ethereum subreddits.
- Please feel free to reach out via email@example.com
- Swarm up your inbox with our monthly newsletter! Subscribe here.