We Are Millions — Closing event “Exit through the DAO” — Recap
Here it is. The final day of the We Are Millions (WAM) Hackathon and Festival is behind us after three intense weeks of freshly different panels, interesting talks and an abundance of Web3 goodness.
Successful hackathon and a great bounty hunt
The Hackathon was a success. The WAM team counted almost 4,000 registrations and over 130 bounty competition submissions. There were 20 Fair Data Society Prizes to compete for, with 65 participants submitting 116 contesting projects of an exceptional quality.
The WAM team would like to thank all the participants that were part of the WAM bounty competition. A lot of the submitted work was superb and many submissions have made a lasting impression. That’s why the Swarm team would wish to remain in contact with many participants of the competition through additional bounties and the Grants programme. Don’t let the building stop, let’s continue the conversation on Discord.
You’ll find all the winning submissions below:
Best dApp using Swarm decentralized storage 2 winners of 5209 BZZ each
- BeeZIM Mirror Tool: An easy-to-use dApp to upload a copy of a website onto Swarm’s decentralized storage. In this way, the website becomes censorship resistant.
- DePassword: A decentralised password and file management encrypted in Swarm and a smart contract.
Extending FairOS with dApp or tooling 1 winner of 5209 BZZ
- Sovr: Sovr is an attempt to integrate the Golem network’s computing power into the FairOS-dfs and the Swarm network.
Best upload of Wikipedia mirror to Swarm 1 winner of 5000 BZZ
Best search mechanism for Wikipedia offline snapshots 2 winners of 3000 BZZ each
- w3kipedia: A two-component program that uploads offline snapshots to Swarm and displays them in the browser.
- bzzwikimirror: A wiki mirror based on Swarm.
2 winners of 2605 BZZ each
- Bee Cafe — Customer: Bee Cafe is a simple dApp for demonstrating how data in Swarm can be used interoperably for communicating between dApps.
- Burn After Reading: The Burn After Reading dApp is based on Swarm and the Ethereum blockchain. You can leave any message on the dApp, where others can view it and then burn it. Or someone can pay for it and share it again.
Best web2 app using Swarm decentralized storage 1 winner of 2605 BZZ
- Nectars — Restaurant Menu Creator: Nectars is a restaurant menu creator, where anyone can use it to make their own menu storing data on Swarm.
Most inspiring game using Resistance 1 winner of 2605 BZZ
Best game using Swarm decentralized storage 1 winner of 2605 BZZ
- Oomphie!: A puzzle game to relieve stress.
Most inspiring Fairdrive dApp 2 winners of 2604 BZZ each
- Mobile Decentralized Storage: A dApp that allows for decentralised storage on mobile.
- FairosdApp: A FairOS-based dApp for video sharing.
Best decentralised frontend on bzz.link 3 winners of 1000 BZZ each
- DePassword: A decentralised password and file management. Only users have control over the data that is encrypted in Swarm and a smart contract.
- DExchange: An order book based on an ERC20 decentralised exchange. Currently deployed on Rinkeby.
- country-fact-project: A responsive web app that shows information about countries around the world.
Digital freedom webpage published on Swarm 3 winners of 521 BZZ each
Opinion essay on a WAM topic 2 winners of 521 BZZ each
Most insightful opinion essay on Fair Data Protocol 3 winners of 521 BZZ each
Best 3D animation supporting WAM 1 winner of 521 BZZ
- Animation by shepherliu
Most insightful blog published on Swarm decentralized storage 3 winners of 261 BZZ each
- Anonyome-on-swarm: The Anonyme.com Blog published on Swarm.
- Submission by D0NC0DE
Inspiring art published on Swarm decentralized storage 3 winners of 261 BZZ each
Best WAM meme 4 winners of 261 BZZ each
Two prizes did not have any submissions and one prize had no submissions that would satisfy the prize requirements.
Thank you all for your great submissions!
The winners presentation was followed by a short conversation between Swarm’s Gregor Žavcer and Antonio Gonzalo on impressions about WAM and the announcement of the beginning of WAM DAO.
Watch at your own pace
All three weeks of talks, panels and workshops are now available on Ethereum Swarm’s YouTube channel. Click “Subscribe” if you would like to stay up to date with all the latest news from Swarm.
The WAM team would like to thank everyone who attended the event and send out a very special thanks to all of the wonderful presenters and panelists who generously contributed their time to broaden our horizons.
Join Swarm’s community
- Follow community news on Twitter, and development news here.
- Discussions about Swarm can be found on Reddit.
- All tech support and other channels have moved to Discord!
- Please feel free to reach out via email@example.com
- Swarm up your inbox with the monthly newsletter! Subscribe here.
- Subscribe to Swarm’s YouTube channel.