Update on the Earlier Etherparty Site Shutdown
Dear Etherparty Supporters,
Etherparty’s FUEL token ICO is currently underway. Our team continues to monitor all activity surrounding our ICO, however, we recognize that the security issue affected a small group of contributors.
We understand the need for more clarification on the temporary website shutdown that occurred between 10 A.M. and 11:35 A.M PDT.
Right now, our team is working to maintain the ICO website while conducting a more in-depth investigation of the security issue that was identified.
To recap, here’s what we know, and have done to address it:
- 9:00 A.M. PDT: FUEL token ICO is live.
- 9:45 A.M. PDT: Security breach: fraudulent contribution address is injected into the ICO Page, and in response we began the process to shut down the official Etherparty site to protect people.
- 10:00 A.M. PDT: Website taken offline
- 11:35 A.M. PDT: Website rebuilt and moved to a new web server.
- 12:51 P.M. PDT: Press release distributed, official statements posted to Twitter and Medium.
Etherparty is the culmination of all our hardwork and passion, which is why we will continue to listen to community feedback while we safeguard the security and experience on our platform. In order to protect the interests of the community, we will be making it right with those that sent ETH to the hacked address by reviewing transactions sent before 10 A.M. and sending them corresponding FUEL after Oct. 29, 2017.
If anyone has questions or concerns, we welcome your feedback at email@example.com.
Kevin Hobbs, Lisa Cheng and the Etherparty Team