To Europe and Back
Winter Finds 2018
- Spotted this in the Latin Quarter. Have no idea what it means, but I loved the mind meld.
- I was first introduced to this drink in Geneva this fall. Though it’s admittedly more of a summer drink, any season is a good one for an Aperol Spritz. Recipe: Equal parts Aperol liqueur and Prosecco + dash of club soda, garnished with orange wedge and cinnamon stick.
- Every time I finish up a meeting at Newfields, I check out a new exhibit. It allows me to take my time with a single gallery. Recently, I lingered over The Remarkable Masks of Master Bidou Yamaguchi: a small collection of masks carved in the traditional Noh style. Yamaguchi, a classically trained contemporary artist, carved 3-dimensional masks from 2D western paintings. Ethereal is the only word I have for these.
- Taking in this playlist while dangling my feet (and drinking an Aperol Spritz!) in the Grand Hotel’s rooftop pool was heavenly.
- Cooking creamy lemon and herb chicken with potatoes in a dutch oven over a campfire in my backyard. There’s nothing like tasting the smokiness in food that’s been cooked over an open fire.