🙏 A big thank you to everyone who participated in #euroia19 in Riga. And a special thanks to all our speakers who have shared their slides: here is the overview of presentations and pictures. Something missing? Let us know!
Please note that some speakers weren’t able to share their decks because of confidentiality or other constraints.
Day 1: Thursday, 26 Sept.
- Salvatore Larosa — Mastering the Light and Dark Side > slides
- Aurora Melchor — What can possibly go wrong? > slides
- Aly Blenkin — The unintended consequences of our design choices > list of resources
- Julie Blitzer — Stereotypes vs. archetypes: How to respond to bias, stereotypes, racism, and sexism from clients and participants > slides
- Hertje Brodersen — It’s Not Simple, Stupid! Dealing with Complex Systems and Wicked Problems > slides
Day 2: Friday, 27 Sept.
- Koen Peters, Konstantin Weiss — Designing digital places through container-based information architecture and object-first design > slides
- Yuliya Martinavichene — Do It In a Genius Way: Building a Strategy For UX Research > slides
- Lara Portmann — A hard look in the mirror: language, structure, and privilege in IA > slides & transcript
- Lutz Schmitt — Privacy and humane Design > slides
- Peter Boersma — The impact of DesignOps at ServiceNow >slides
Day 3: Saturday, 28 Sept.
- Alissa Briggs & Dave Hora — Elevating Design: Create a strategic plan to increase your impact > slides
- Team BBC — Navigating the ladder of abstraction — How to get everyone talking about IA > article with background info
- Rachel Price — Lessons from a Jazz Musician: Improvisation in Research > slides
- Vivianne Castillo — The Siren Call of Self-Neglect > Vivianne’s list of self-care resources