Harp Bridge Testnet User Guide
We find interoperability as one of key factors to accelerate the industry growth. Thus our team would like to introduce a brand new tool, which is the bridge between two considerable blockchains — Harmony and Polkadot (Edgeware).
Please take into consideration that the current version is a test one. So a key target is to test its operational capacity with no focus on UI (which will be enhanced prior to the mainnet launch).
To use the bridge you need to go through several easy-to-do steps:
Install wallets in your browser and create appropriate accounts
In order to continue you’ll need to have Math wallet web extension and Polkadot.js wallet installed. You can find the installation guide here
Get testnet tokens
To perform transactions on testnet you’ll need testnet tokens which can be obtained from the faucets.
- follow the link,
- insert your Harmony address (find it within your “Math Wallet”) and click the “Send Me” button:
3. find transaction’s result:
Please note, to check the result you need to follow the next (1.4) point below, but not follow the link (Explorer) from the Harmony TESTnet faucet!
4. check your wallet balance — follow the link to get to the Harmony explorer and insert your address into the search box:
5. if a transaction has been completed in a correct way you can find updated balance with 1000 tokens:
Congrats, you are 1000 ONE tokens richer!
- follow the link
- insert your Polkadot address (find it within your “Edgeware” wallet) and push the “Submit” button:
Please, note: there can be rare occasions, when the faucet will not send tokens.
3. find info message on the result of your transaction:
4. check your Edgeware balance: follow the explorer link and keep calm to provide the app with requested access:
5. switch to Edgeware testnet:
(a) open the list of available networks,
(b) follow the end of the list and find the “DEVELOPMENT” section — “CUSTOM” subsection, and insert and insert node address — https://edgeserhii333.ddns.net/.
(c) click the “Switch” button:
6. create an account within the app:
(a) go to the wallet to export account (create json-file, which you can find in downloads of your device):
(b) go to the “Accounts” section and choose “Restore JSON”
(c) insert the file you’ve just downloaded, put the password you’ve created while preparing your account within the wallet, and click the “Restore” button:
(d) find your new account within the app and check the balance you have:
After you have some coins on your addresses you can start using the bridge — go to the dApp and confirm the action by both wallets:
It’s time to test!
- choose the wallet,
- choose the asset,
- set the amount;
Please note: minimum amount to transfer is 10_000wei,
- click the “Transfer coin” button,
- click the “update info” button,
- control the balance of your wallet in terms of the chosen asset you’ve just sent; you can see balance changes right in the bridge dApp if you make the transfer to the addresses from your wallets; make sure to switch between wallets and destination addresses to see the correct balance.
As soon as a transaction is completed, please, check the balance of your addresses with a help of the explorers:
Subscribe to Everstake social media for useful information and updates on staking.