How to stake Tezos (XTZ) using Atomex desktop wallet: a detailed guide
Desktop versions are less flexible and easy to use than mobile and online wallets, but they are considered more reliable and secure. In addition, desktop crypto wallets are more faster than other clients, since they can fully use the resources of the PC. In this step-by-step guide, we will describe how to stake Tezos cryptocurrency (XTZ) using the Atomex desktop wallet.
Atomex multi-currency wallets have a built-in function for exchanging cryptocurrencies and are available in browsers, as well as applications for PCs with Windows, Mac OS and Linux (Ubuntu) operating systems.
How to install Atomex wallet
Disclaimer. Download the client only from the crypto wallet official site, so as not to fall victim to scammers.
- Go to the Atomex official website and click “Download Wallet”. The page will automatically scroll to the section with available wallet versions. Select the appropriate wallet for your OS and click “Download Now”.
2. Wait for the installer to load. Run the installation wizard and click “Create new wallet” in the window that appears.
3. Select the network: main (mainnet) or test (testnet). Select the main network and click “Next”.
4. Create and enter the name of your wallet. Click Next again.
5. Select the interface language and the number of words in the mnemonic sequence (seed phrase). The more words you use, the more difficult it will be to find a seed phrase to hack your wallet. Then click “Generate” to generate a mnemonic password.
6. Create and enter a password that will be used to log in to your wallet. You need to create a complex password consisting of lowercase and uppercase Latin letters, numbers, and special characters. Example of a strong password: X!as34#abZXR%Qar. Make sure that the indicator shows a value not lower than Very Strong.
7. Set a password to encrypt files with private keys in the same way. Click “Finish” to complete the installation of the Atomex wallet.
The wallet is ready to work!
How to top up your Atomex wallet
Before staking Tezos (XTZ) tokens, you need to top up your wallet.
1. Log in to your wallet. Open the main interface screen with your crypto portfolio statistics. To top up your wallet, go to the Wallets section.
2. in the list of available cryptocurrencies, select Tezos and click the Receive button. Note that the Atomex crypto wallet allows you to create multiple addresses.
3. Copy the wallet address or scan the QR code, and then send it to the addressee.
4. Wait for THE XTZ coins to arrive in your wallet. Once the tokens have arrived at the selected address, you can start delegating.
Now there are XTZ tokens on the balance of the Atomex wallet and you can proceed to the staking procedure.
How to stake XTZ tokens
To stake coins, click the “Delegate” button located next to the balance of the Tezos wallet.
Select a validator from the list or enter its address manually. We recommend you to choose a trustworthy validator such as Everstake. Then click “Delegate” and confirm the transaction.
Funds have been successfully delegated!
Now the validator (baker) that you delegated XTZ coins to will be displayed in the field next to the balance.
Which validator to choose?
Choose only verified validators. One of such staking providers is Everstake. The company has been developing solutions for more than two years and has a wide infrastructure that allows token holders to safely stake coins without unnecessary work, making a profit. On the Everstake website, delegators have access to full statistics on staking and a convenient calculator that allows them to calculate returns.
Disclaimer. In the Tezos blockchain network, validators are called Bakers.
With Everstake, staking will not only be safe, but also profitable — the fee for validator services will be only 8% of the token holders profit. The first reward from Tezos staking will be available 32 days after the token delegation.
Information for delegators
Baker’s name: Everstake
The fee during the promotion: 5%
Promotion duration: 3 months until September 1, or approximately 34 tezos cycles
Basic fee after the end of the promotion: 8%
Important! Delegate tokens to the new Everstake Baker for staking. If you are already a delegator, you can transfer tokens to a new Baker.
* * * * *