Announcing Evmos Grants!
We are excited to announce the Evmos Grants Program! The Evmos Grants Program is a key step in achieving our mission to align all stakeholders by incentivizing individuals and organizations to explore and develop their ideas on Evmos.
The Evmos Grants program offers individuals and organizations non-dilutive funding to develop and further the Evmos ecosystem. In addition to non-dilutive funding, grantees are eligible for technical and marketing support from the Evmos team, the development companies, and contributors maintaining Evmos.
Application and Review Process
Applicants can apply for one of the grant suggestions curated by the Evmos team or their own idea. The Evmos team grant ideas are merely suggestions tailored to current ecosystem needs and are intended to help provide applicants with ideas on what to build on Evmos. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply for a grant not listed under grant suggestions.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for an Evmos Grant:
- Projects must be open-source, or commit to a timeline for open sourcing
- Projects must provide new substantial value to the ecosystem. For example, similar DEXs that do not provide any new functionality to the ecosystem would not incrementally qualify
- Teams can remain anonymous publicly but will need to pass KYC internally
- While we do not impose a strict grant size for projects, we ask that projects ask for a reasonable amount of funding given the scope of the project.
Application Proposal Guidelines
Applicants will be asked to upload a proposal for the grant when completing the application. We have created a proposal template for teams to follow. We request the following information:
- Project name
- Date of submission
- Name of company or individual applying for the grant
- Primary name and contact information
- Total funding requested (in USD)
- Brief project description and its value proposition to the Evmos ecosystem
- Proposed use of grant funds
- Key milestones with requested funding associated with each milestone
- Optional: High-level technical architecture overview if applicable
- Following the submission of the application, the grants team will ensure that the project meets the initial criteria defined above. Applicants will either receive a rejection letter or email to schedule further interviews to meet the team in a virtual setting.
- Timeline: 1–2 weeks from application submission
- The Grants Team will coordinate with applicants to schedule interviews with the team to learn more about the proposed project. Specific information to the teams will be provided at this stage.
- Timeline: 3–4 weeks from passing the initial review
- Following an interview, applicants will receive a decision on their grant proposal. Accepted proposals will receive onboarding information upon acceptance.
- Timeline: 1–2 weeks from the final interview date
Please note that grant funds distributed in the form of EVMOS tokens will be locked for one year from delivery. These funds can be staked, but not transferred, during this period. Staking rewards will not be locked. Locked $EVMOS tokens help incentivize long-term ecosystem growth for all parties and Evmos grants are not intended to cover team salaries. Projects should look for other funding sources to meet these needs.
Grantees or at least one member of the receiving entity must be 18 years or older.
If you are a US Person and unaccredited, then you are ineligible for the grants program at this time. We hope to be able to include unaccredited US Persons at a later time.
We are also unable to offer grants to US-sanctioned countries, including but not limited to North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Syria, and Venezuela.
Ready to apply for an Evmos Grant?
Get started by visiting our application! We look forward to reviewing your grant proposals!
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and more information about the Evmos Grants Program
Evmos is the one of the first Ethereum Virtual Machine-based blockchains in the Cosmos ecosystem and enables developers to launch apps that run smart contracts across any number of EVM and Cosmos-based blockchains. It makes that process as simple and seamless as possible by allowing developers to continue creating apps in Solidity and Vyper like they’re accustomed to in the Ethereum ecosystem. Evmos opens a new frontier for blockchain applications, expanding the functionality of the EVM by enabling cross-chain applications that tap the liquidity and user bases of multiple blockchain ecosystems to provide more unified experiences.
Follow our journey below
💻 Developer Documentation: https://evmos.dev/
👾 Official Discord: https://discord.gg/evmos
🐙 GitHub: https://github.com/tharsis/evmos
🕊 Twitter: https://twitter.com/EvmosOrg
📯 Telegram: @EvmosOrg
📄 Medium: https://evmos.blog/
🖥 Evmos Website: https://evmos.org
🌋 Tharsis Jobs Board: https://thars.is