Evmos Testnet is Live
Arsia Mons is our first, community-oriented testnet
Today, we’re excited to announce that Arsia Mons, the first Evmos testnet, is live!
Evmos is an application-agnostic chain that will be interoperable with the Ethereum Mainnet, EVM-compatible environments, and other BFT chains via IBC, making it easy for users and developers to easily interact between chains.
🔜 What’s next?
We envision this to be the EVM Hub of Cosmos, making it easy for Smart Contracts to deploy and communicate within the Cosmos. The next couple of months are going to be exciting for Cosmos as we plan to launch an incentivized testnet in the middle of November to encourage builders and validators to stress test the system. This will be followed by an official mainnet launch in December to bring the Evmos vision to production.
Although December is only a couple of months away, we wanted to share a few key developments we are preparing for mainnet launch and we will be sharing more details on the roadmap in the coming weeks:
- Tokenomics: After some discourse on CT regarding standard airdrops last week, we will be trying something that hasn’t been done before to align long term incentives and give more to the general community. We will be sharing more details on the general token distribution soon. Currently our operation is entirely funded via grants and our plan is to strongly reward deployment and operation of DApps, core development work, bug-finding and general community involvement.
- EVM Equivalence: We are making it incredibly easy for Ethereum smart contract developers to get started on Evmos with native support for all EVM tools and resources including Truffle, Metamask, Hardhat and others.
- EVM Bridging: We will be integrating a bridge between Evmos and Ethereum mainnet to make it easy for users to send tokens back and forth between the two networks. By offering this and IBC at launch, we enable cross-chain liquidity with Ethereum while providing our users a way to participate in the interchain. Naturally, the Evmos chain will be a place to park assets that were once issued and used in an EVM compatible environment. We will also be working towards support for other EVM networks, NFTs support and cross-chain contract calls.
- Cosmos <> EVM: Evmos will support the ability to convert ERC20 assets into Cosmos SDK-based coins and vice-versa. This will enable EVM smart contracts on Evmos to support ATOM, OSMO or any other Cosmos asset connected to IBC. We will also enable the ability for the EVM module to talk to other modules such as staking (alpha leak: staking derivatives).
- Cron jobs: Writing automated smart contracts has never been easier with the Evmos cron-module. This module makes it easier for developers to automate the execution of contracts based on block-height. A simple use case would be to automate re-delegation of staking rewards.
🤲 Get Involved
Evmos will reward early active supporters providing meaningful value to the success of the network. Your support is not going unnoticed.
If you’re looking for a more formal grant to support your efforts let us know over at firstname.lastname@example.org
What can you do to help?
- Deploy and test your smart contracts on Evmos Testnet.
- Provide us insights into your developer onboarding experience. Submit feedback on your experience deploying contracts on Discord #tech-support or open an issue on Github.
- Create educational content for other developers. Submit your educational content on Discord #education.
- Interact and contribute to our Github repo. Star it and follow us. Submit PRs and issues. Contribute code to an existing PR.
- Run a validator or full node on the Arsia Mons testnet. Join us in #validator-chat in Discord for support.
🧡 Community Members
How can you help?
- Join our Discord channel and introduce yourself at #introduction
- Welcome new members joining and post clever memes defining our community culture and values
- Follow and share our values on Twitter: @EvmosOrg @TharsisHQ
4. Join the discussion on Telegram
🚀 Job Seekers
If you’re passionate about Ethereum and/or Cosmos, Tharsis is actively hiring in many roles for you!
Check out our job board here.
Email us at email@example.com if you can’t find a role that fits your passion and skills.
🙏 Thank you’s
A special thanks to the Cosmos community, who believed in our team’s ability to execute these ambitious goals and grant us 100,000 ATOMs from its treasury. We wouldn’t get this far without you.
We’re truly humbled and appreciative for the immense support from the 1500+ validators who requested to secure the community chain. We hold great respect for your work and expertise in securing existing networks and the Evmos soon enough!
We wanted to thank ICF for continuously supporting our efforts and believing in our team and AiB, who originated the Evmos project and set the vision before it was apparent.
💻 Developer Documentation: https://evmos.dev
👾 Official Discord: https://discord.gg/trje9XuAmy
🐙 GitHub: https://github.com/tharsis/evmos
🕊 Twitter: https://twitter.com/EvmosOrg
🌋 Tharsis Twitter: https://twitter.com/TharsisHQ
🚰 Faucet: https://faucet.evmos.org
🧭 Explorer (Cosmos): https://explorer.evmos.org
🧭 Explorer (EVM): https://evm.evmos.org