14 best Web Development tools for beginners
htmlreference.io is a free online guide to know about the features, elements and attributes.
• cssreference.io is a free visual teaching tool to CSS. It features the most popular properties, and explains with understandable illustrations and animated examples. Makes learning easier and quicker.
3. Grid Guide
The Grid was the first CSS module created particularly to solve the layout problems that has been hacking our way at the times while developing a website. The Grid Guide is a tool which can help us to create pixel perfect grids within the designs. By just entering the basic requirements it will show all the pixel combinations. Use this simple guide to create a grid on your own.
4. Template Engine
- A template engine helps us to use static template files in your application. At runtime, the template engine replaces variables in a template file with actual values, and transforms the template into an HTML file sent to the client. This approach makes it easier to design an HTML page.
• When choosing the right template engine for our projects, we should take into consideration the exact type of work we are looking to do, and how much of the project is actually going to have to be templated and also what kind of solution would work out for you individually in both long-term and short-term.
It always takes time for us to create a favicon and spend time for designing, choosing colors and graphics. The Real Favicon Generator actually lets you craft your own icon and it instantly has the property to give feedbacks on how your icons will exactly look like.
• CSS sprites are a way to reduce the number of HTTP requests made for image resources referenced by your site. Images are combined into one larger image at defined X and Y co-ordinates. Having assigned this generated image to relevant page elements the background-position CSS property can then be used to shift the visible area to the required component image.
• This technique can be very effective for improving site performance, particularly in situations where many small images, such as menu icons are used.
Similar tools are,
Material Design Icons’ growing icon collection allows designers and developers targeting various platforms to download icons in the format, color and size they need for any project.
Similar other icon packages:
SVG files, especially exported from various editors, usually contain a lot of redundant and useless information such as editor metadata, comments, hidden elements, default or non-optimal values and other stuff that can be safely removed or converted without affecting SVG rendering result.
Foxholder is the unique placeholder animation set that helps smooth and professional-looking CSS3 animations for placeholder. It has 15 unique effects that are easy to install, Cross browser Effects (IE 9+, Safari 9+, FF, Opera, Chrome, Edge).
10. Color scheme Generator
This is one of the super-fast color scheme generator which has in it some of the brilliant features to make it fast and simple by adjusting and refining, exporting and sharing. The tool has a number of palettes collection and colors in the cloud.
Unheap was assembled as an internal team resource. They found other repositories underwhelming and wanted to build a better experience for browsing & staying on top of the latest jQuery plugins.
12. Papaly Bookmark Manager:
The Papaly Bookmark Manager helps with organizing and syncing across browsers and platforms. Papaly.com is a personalized start page that is your go-to bookmark manager that fits all your needs. It enables to sync your bookmarks fast and easy with step by step instructions. This enables to access your bookmarks from any platform that has internet access
Features: Can be shared and published, Co-ownership and Private Boards, enables to reduce open tab clutter and save memory, ability to turn off New Tab and Results in search and social bookmarks
Performance-Analyzer (aka Performance-Analyzer) helps to analyze the speed of the current page of the website through the resource, navigation and user timing APIs — you can see requests by type, domain, load times, marks and more instantly. Get insight into the performance of the website in the current tab which is a mini live version of Webpage Test.
Check the below link:
14. Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recorder:
With this tool one can Screen Capture a FULL Web page or any part and also edit screenshots. Recording the screencasts — record video from your screen is also possible. For more to know about the tool refer: Nimbus
All the Best!